“Great Mexican Food. ”
Review of Habanero Fresh Mex

Habanero Fresh Mex
Ranked #3 of 91 Restaurants in Alvin
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Habanero's is a great place to eat for authentic, fresh and wonderful Mexican food. The best in Alvin.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I stumbled on this place a few months ago and it has become my go-to place for Mexican in Alvin. The food is always tasty and the selection is nice. The fish tacos are my favorite, but everything I've had was fantastic.

I know how much it costs to make Mexican food, so when I find places with $15 to $17 enchilada plates, I wonder what's up, Habanero serves great food at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Well worth the trip. Authentic Mexican food in a friendly, clean atmosphere. Delicious food, generous portions, friendly staff. No liquor license yet but didn't miss the alcohol with food this delicious.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in one night after running errands. The place had been open for about a year but this was our first time. There were only about three other tables, it was training and a little cold outside. The name Habaneros leads you to believe you're going to get some good spicy food to warm you up. Sooooo wrong. No only were their "spicy" dishes NOT spicy, but the food was literally cold. It took forever to get our food like it had been sitting in a cold window with no heat lamps. They weren't under staffed, we never got refills not even once. We were nice to our two different servers, so there was absolutely no excuse for the lack in quality and service. It took even longer to get our check. We waited another 15 minutes for one of the wondering servers to come pick it up. By then, I was lije, oh heck No! I'm not going to sit here and wait any longer! So I grabbed the ticket and walked it to the register only to see the ENTIRE staff in the kitchen talking and joking. Are you kidding me??? Holy cow!!! We spent literally 2 and a half hours there for a meal that would take us half an hour at any other restaurant. NEVER AGAIN. Two thumbs DOWN! :(

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Great salsas and green sauce. Large menu with something for everyone. Personal attention. Good size servings, often bring part of our meal home.