“Stay Away!”

Super 8 by the Galleria / North Dallas
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Please stay away from this hotel. If you want to have cockroaches in your room stay here. Garbage all over the parking lot too.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Super 8 by the Galleria / North Dallas

Reviewed 27 May 2011

This was local to a sports event near the Galleria. I was hardly going to be there during the day, so just wanted a safe clean place to stay in the evenings. As a European I was used to the F1 basic but clean hotels in Europe and an American friend said this was like F1. No, it was better. I could not fault this for the price per night. It was clean and functional, and everything worked.

Mostly, though the reception staff I encountered were extremely helpful and talkative and couldn't do enough to give advice about going "walkabout" in the local area.

Best of all: the FREE WiFi... So guys, if a "cheap motel" can do it for free (or rather part of the cost of your stay) so can the top end 4* hotels.

American friends were staying down the road at the more expensive Hilton, Doubletree etc - and were shocked I had such comfortable enjoyable stay up the road in a Super 8.

Drop the snobbery, Super 8 Addison Galleria was just great, if you're not going to be hanging out and living 24/7 in your room.

Room Tip: Not the ground floor - quieter on the top floor
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2010

I always stay here when visiting Dallas/Addsion. The rooms are great, for the price paid, and the service is wonderful!! My room is always clean, and have never had a problem with this chain ...at this location ....or any location. The hotel is very easy to get in and out of, unlike some of the other hotels located on Beltline. This comes in VERY handy, especially during rush hours where Beltline can be stacked light to light. This Super 8 even has a traffic light right at the corner to make getting out even easier. It's right in the middle of the restaurant row area of Addison, so finding something to eat is never a problem, even if you are on foot.
Even those on a small budget can enjoy "J's Waffle House" ...located right in front of the hotel ...very reasonable!!
The front desk personel and manager couldn't have been more helpful. I, yes me, had made a mistake on my reservation and accidentally made it for the night before we arrived. So when we arrived they couldn't locate our reservation, but did locate our missed night and associated charges. I talked with the manager, who in turned called the Manager to explain my situation and all charges were refunded and I was given a room at the rate I had booked online by mistake, for the previous night.
Very helpful and understanding!!!
Most hotels would have just said "oh well" and pocketed my money, and then charged me for the night I needed.
This Super 8 gives you more amenities for your money. They have a fridge right in the room and not just one of those tiny dorm ones either. It's one about twice that size, plus alarm clock, dresser, hangers, etc...
I stayed at Motel 9 (wink) down the road on Beltline ...ended up paying more ...for way less. I had a heck of a time trying to get in and out of their place. They also had no dresser, no clock, no fridge, no hangers, cold hard floors, mattress on a platform with no box springs ...and these were touted as "newly remodeled rooms" .....HA!!!

About the only down side would be that Super 8 is a little slower in the transistion to flat screen TV's than the rest, and I'm sure, in time, this WILL change ...In fact, I know it will.
The TV they had worked fine ...it's just that once you go flat (at home) ....you don't want to go back ....lol. If you stay here in the summer, bring your swimsuit ...the pool was great and very relaxing, the one summer I did stay there.

Btw ...I stay here at least once a year (except for the one Motel 9 accident) ...if not more.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2009

No frills hotel, just off the main strip in Addison. Several restaurants are walkable - others are less than 5 min drive. Room was large, clean, and quiet (although it appeared there were only a handful of guests). AC worked well.

My wife and I stayed there one night after watching a Cowboys game. Highly recommend as a very cheap place to get a night's rest. If you are vacationing or staying more than a few nights, then you might spend more money and look elsewhere. For a cheap place to stay 1 night - excellent.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2009

This was our second stay at Super 8 in Addison, TX. Our room was super clean and nicely decorated. It is nessled between some eateries and an upscale neighborhood. It is right off what is called 'restaurant row' so there is every kind of food you could want. It is located near the Dallas Gallaria. We visited serveral places in the Dallas area and we found the location pretty central to all of them. The breakfast consists of toast, cereal, muffins and sweet rolls. Not the best spread but is adequate. The only thing I could fault our room on is that is was a little small. But for the price we paid it was great! We will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Super8addison, GM at Super 8 by the Galleria / North Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2009

Thank you for you loyalty to our Super 8 in Addison and for your recent review. Your comments regarding our breakfast have been heard loud and clear and we are in the process of adding hot items to our current breakfast to add variety. We look forward to your next visit to Addison. Please contact the hotel directly or visit our Super 8 website for the best possible rate at our hotel. Thanks again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
1.0 km away
0.7 km away
Comfort Suites North/Galleria
0.5 km away
Hampton Inn Dallas / Addison

Been to Super 8 by the Galleria / North Dallas? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK