“Superb! Rooms/Location & Service- Best in the Galleria Area” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of HYATT house Dallas/Addison

HYATT house Dallas/Addison
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Addison
California
“Superb! Rooms/Location & Service- Best in the Galleria Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

I am impressed with this hotel! The best I have stayed at in Dallas! ( And I have stayed at many) It is right off of Belt Line Rd near the Galleria. If you dont know this- Everything is available on Belt Line! Great food from cheap to very expensive- Great Bar scene (Dukes)..This hotel offers free breakfast and dinner with wine and beer included. I had a very large and new 2 bedroom suite! Did not want to leave. All New furnishings, new flat screen tvs, great kitchen! And extremely affordable!!! Great staff- I shall return - they have earned my loyalty.
Look No Further in the Galleria Area.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 23 which is upstairs (Skylights in Bedrooms) of the main building. Not much of a vi...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago. Good rooms and perfect for two people. You share a living area and kitchen, but can still have your privacy. Nice appliances too! The hotel provides complimentary wi-fi, manager's reception with free beer and wine, free breakfast & nightly food of some kind. Actually pretty good. My favorite part was that there were tons of resturants and bars within walking distance. After a hard day of work, it was nice to walk somewhere to have a couple of drinks. There was a Pei Wei, BJ's brewhouse, a 7-Eleven, several liquor stores and a Buffalo Wild Wings very close. We also used the hotel shuttle everyday to get to the corporate office. Don't expect fancy, but this hotel was well worth the money.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tarad21
Addison, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

Property was recently renovated so much of the room is new and very nice. What they didn't renovate, however, like the bathrooms, are old and, in my case, dirty with hair in the bathtub. Wifi does not work during peak periods (presumably due to high usage). Breakfast was pretty good with a nice selection. Tiniest pillows I have EVER seen anywhere! People were friendly but the property is short-staffed. Given the price and the included breakfast, it's good value...so long as you don't need to check e-mail very often!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
addisonssdos, Director of Sales at HYATT house Dallas/Addison, responded to this review, 13 July 2011
Thank you for your honest review. If imperfections are not brought to our attention then corrections can not be made. Bathroom renovations are scheduled for 2012 and staff has been alerted about your other concerns.

INTERNET UPGRADE! Since your stay we have upgraded from 3.0 mbps to 10 mbps. Guests are delighted with the improvements and speed.
Belton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

We stayed here around Easter this year, and we forgot quite a few items in our room. We forgot a DVD player, a Nintendo DS, movies, a nice rolling backpack, etc. We didn't realize it for a couple of weeks. When we called, the housekeeping department still had everything. We then forgot to call them back for a few more weeks to give them a Fed ex number to send our stuff back. When I called this week, THEY STILL HAD EVERYTHING! They sent it to us right away. I can't remember the last time I left something at a hotel and they still had it when I called. I am very impressed with the ethics of the people in the housekeeping department, and to me, that means this hotel is a class act when it comes to hiring. The rest of our stay was fine also - the room was nice, a/c worked great, full kitchen was helpful, etc. The hotel is conveniently located between Dallas and Plano, which was also nice for us.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2011

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Summerfield in Addison with my husband and baby while on a business trip. I used to live in the Dallas area so I was excited to be staying in a prime location surrounded by a beautiful park (Addison Circle), great shopping (Galleria mall), and excellent food (Blue Mesa Grill is a local favorite out-of-towners can't miss). My husband booked the hotel mainly because of the price and central location and while I wasn't impressed with the exterior, I was pleased with the welcoming staff, guest perks, clean and state-of-the-art fitness center, pool and business center.

Even though the internet speed was a little slow and the interior decor was anything but up-to-date (felt like living in the 90s again), everything else blew me away. I was informed upon arriving that every evening there is a guest social in the lobby with free hot appetizers (pizza, wings, nacho bar, etc) and even better, free beer and wine (for those of age)! The breakfast was delicious, hot, and full of variety - it's not at every hotel where you can eat fresh fruit that truly is fresh and bacon that is hot and crispy and also flavorful. Tons of Tazo tea options were icing on the cake for me.

The best thing I have to say about this hotel, however, is the customer service - it exceeds all expectations. I had a very busy business schedule during my 3 day stay and wasn't able to physically attend to all my business needs. At least three hotel staff members helped me by allowing me to leave communication (letters clients had to sign, items they had to pick up, etc) at the front desk. This was extremely helpful - they even called me to let me know when the clients came by and signed the documents! I only wish I could have this kind of service when I'm working back home!

I don't have any future trips planned to visit the Dallas area, but if I do, I will definitely stay here again! The spacious rooms and friendly staff really make you feel at home.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
0.1 km away
0.2 km away
Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
Homewood Suites Dallas/Addison

Been to HYATT house Dallas/Addison? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK