Wingate by Wyndham Abilene
US$ 146
US$ 131
US$ 88
Days Inn Abilene(Abilene)(Great Value!)
US$ 75
Whitten Inn(Abilene)(Great Value!)
US$ 67
US$ 64
Travelocity
All reviewshot tubfitness centerhome away from homeroom was spaciouswaffleschecking outthe staff was friendly and helpfulwould stay againnice staygreat place to stayupon checkone night stayfront desk clerkclean hotelgmwalmartpillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I have stayed at a wingate by wyndham hotels or sister properties for over several years. I can't remember ever having a negative experience . My last stay was at a wingate in abilene tx. Once again I received awsome service that I and my family have become acustom to. The breakfast was excellent as always and I also want to mention the general manager,Mr Niebelski, was very professional and on top of his game. I would recommend this hotel for business of pleasure-can't go wrong either way. Last, you might find a cheaper rate ,but remember "You Get What You Pay For" don't short change yourself or your family!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rudy T
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We have been staying in Abilene for several years atleast twice a year and this was our first stay at the Wingate. I ll have to say this was probably the best hotel we ve stayed at while in Abilene. Nicely appointed rooms, clean and quiet. Very helpful staff and friendly maid service. We will definitely stay here again when returning next year!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2012

This hotel gives its "friends" master keys to every room. NO LIE! We were watching TV in our room around 10:30pm when we could hear someone trying to open our door. We just sat there waiting for them to realize it was the wrong room and walk away. Well, they tried again and this time my husband walk toward the door. About 3 steps from his reaching the door, IT OPENED!! Thankfully we had the bar lock engaged. When I heard the bar lock catch my heart went into my throat! At this point I could hear my husband say "hey pal, you have the wrong room!" in a panicked voice. I thought we were dead at that point. The man apologized and walked away, but we were still very shaken up, HE OPENED OUR DOOR WITH HIS KEY! When my husband called down to the front desk and explained what happened, the guy said "oh, he's a friend of the owner." No apology or anything! My husband then proceeded to let him know we didn't care if he was a friend, he was a STRANGER to us and HE OPENED OUR ROOM WITH HIS KEY, how could this happen?! Then the idiot tells us "well sir, he has several rooms here so his key opens all the rooms. WHAT??? REALLY? OMG! we were so shocked we insisted on speaking to the manager face to face immediately! He then tells us, "well I also have a master key," to which my husband replies "I would expect YOU to, you are an employee, duh!" He said they stayed on site so we went down to the front desk to speak with them. A small woman with a German accent begins to tell us the same thing!!!! instead of apologizing and offering to fix it, give us a new coded key or something. She just kept saying what great friend he was and that it was a mistake. We offered to let everyone on our floor know that this "friend" of theirs had a key to all of their rooms, but they didn't want us to do that for some reason. We said we were leaving and wanted a refund. When the jerk behind the counter said we were not getting a refund, my husband began raising his voice. They threatened to call the police so we said "great, we will wait for them and let them know what happened." The German woman then says "oh no, don't call police, they want to go, just let them go!" HMMMM, wonder why? On our way out, we were given a receipt with a zero balance, but NO APOLOGY AND THEY STILL THOUGHT THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH GIVING A "FRIEND" A KEY TO EVERYONES ROOM!! Had we not been there, he could have walked in and taken anything, or if he had been drunk, maybe passed out in our bed or something. Had we not had the bar lock on he would have WALKED RIGHT IN on us!! This could have gone extremely bad in SO many ways!! But guess thats ok, he's a friend of the owner. Now we are going to buy a door jam bar to carry with us when we stay anywhere to try and ease our fears of a reoccurrence, thank you Wingate Hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere you feel safe, not here!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank TEC77386
Reviewed 12 May 2012

The hotel facility is very nice. Front desk service is horrible. My family reserved and had the written confirmation for a specially equipped room. When we arrived, the room we reserved was not available. The front desk manager made no apology nor tried to accommodate us in any way. He simply said we could take another room or nothing. This is the worst hotel service we have experienced! Interestingly, we overheard the guest checking in before us complain that they did not get the room they reserved. Management needs to better train the front desk staff who worked the afternoon of May 11, 2012.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 789Steve
WingatebyWyndham1, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

My wife and I have stayed at several hotels in Abilene. We were very pleased with this one. The dining room was very spacious and the food was hot. I was also impressed because there was a large group present when we stayed and they did not run out of food. Our room was comfortable and the location is great for getting to local colleges and places of interest.

Room Tip: This hotel is comparably lower in price than some of the other name brand hotels near by and the quality is much better.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family