“FRAUD!!!! I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY CREDIT CARD BILL!!!! plus, nasty environment!”

Royal Extended Stay Alcoa
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Booked through hotels.com, went to check in, was denied service, yet still charged. Called hotels.com (Thinking no biggie', just a mistake) They called Royal Extended Stay, The person who answered their call denied that we had ever even being there!! I had been staying with them almost a month! My friend Josh (Who the room was for) was staying at the front hotel (yes two hotels, one parking lot) was paying too much (for not booking on-line) so I booked for him. Went with him to check in (booked with lap-top from my room there) watched them deny his room (already booked N paid) then proceed to charge me (3 times) $97.65 on 06/21/2011 -$97.50 on 06/24/2011-$33.00 on 06/27/2011!!!!
On top of all that, Terrible business ethics, run down buildings, I think they have a brothel on the weekends (seriously!!) They rent out a room to the right of the front office to something of the sort, one of the people that finally answered in the office was TERRIBLY RUDE (I couldn't believe the profanity they used to a customer, my friend),
plus, if you need drugs just hang out in the parking lot after dark, some of the people who rent weekly (live there permanent) will take care of those needs.....
TERRIBLE!!!!! HORRIFYING!!!!!!
I wish I didn't have to type this.... I love to give praise, or leave it be. However, with what I have experienced here I feel it is my duty to try & prevent someone else from having a similar horrifying experience. Lesson, cheapest ISN"T always best...
Michael Chappell & Family

Room Tip: Make sure it isn't with Royal Extended, & book through HOTELS.COM!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Chappelltree
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 November 2010

Somehow I thought this hotel was part of the Extended Stay America chain... what a letdown! Looks cheap, feels cheap, IS cheap. Curtain didn't fully close the main window, coffee maker didn't work. Was told there was no breakfast but when I complained that it had been advertised, was told that in fact I could go to the breakfast room after all... did not understand this at all. Only good thing was the free wifi.
Would NOT stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank statdr
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Took one look at the outside and left. The vending area was non existing, there was stuff debris piled in it rather than your normal vending machine and ice maker. On the balconies there was trash and other debris piled high. The cement was all broken up and unkempt. It was completely misrepresented on the websites I looked at. I just read another review that called it a "fake hotel" I completely agree. I would not stay here and would warn people traveling with children to avoid it completely.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank amsweet
Reviewed 5 March 2010

I did not expect perfection for the price, but the standards of this hotel are as low as can be dreamed. Dirty bathrooms, rude staff

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank gymnist09
Reviewed 12 July 2009

We reserved the room to be close to my aunt who was in the ICU in a near by hospital, unfortunately she passed away the day we got into town and her services would be about 100 miles away. We tried calling to cancel but they didn't answer the phone or call us back, before we left the area we stopped by to talk to someone and were appauled at the site of the place, there were stacks of old mattress behind the building, the "lobby" was dirty and no one was behind the security glass window. We rang the buzzer, still no one came, there was a note to call a phone number if no one was there, so we called and the person that answered said he'd "be there" and kept us waiting 15min. We explained what happened and that we wouldn't need the room and why, his reply was "there's a 24hour cancellation policy" I asked him if there was anything we could do, so he called his manager, about 15min later he comes back and says his manager is unavailable and we have to come back in 1-2 hours. I explained we didn't have time and asked if he could please give us a break, he said he wouldn't give us a break and walked away.

• Stayed: July 2009