“They took down the castle”

Kid Venture Playground
Ranked #13 of 29 things to do in Anderson
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

This is a good place to bring the kids to play, but it's way overcrowded I think. They took down the castle, which was central in the playground.
The duck pond is a good feature. My kids love feeding the ducks.

All reviews
"feeding the ducks"
"safety"
"park"
in 6 reviews
"post"
"corner"

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

I would take my children every week when it was first finished for several years,we haven't been in 3 years because we moved,when we finally went back a few weeks ago,the area has been neglected badly

1  Thank dana_beyond_blessed
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

We were very disappointed at how run down it had become. In my opinion it s not safe for the kids. We worried about slivers and having something break. It s a shame it hasn t been kept up.

Reviewed 24 April 2016

Kid Venture Playground is located at the corner of Camson road & Jim Ed Rice Parkway, and is part of the Anderson Sports and entertainment center.
To the best of my knowledge, it is open all year. But I have included the web site link with general information and rules for your convenience.
Besides the best playground in the upstate of South Carolina, there is also a ball field for soccer, baseball and other activities. ASEC is also great for picnics and parties. There are several gazebos that people use for kids birthdays- but keep in mind, they are 1st come 1st served only.
There is also a beautiful pond for fishing or feeding the many ducks, walking trials and many more.
The area is also used for scheduled league baseball and softball games. So there's plenty to do for kids and parents of all ages. Not to mention it's right next store to the Anderson Civic center.
So whether you like spending time with the kids, taking a walk or run. Or even flying a kite and enjoying the great out doors. It's one of the best places to be in the Anderson area.
And while you're here, take a look at the 9 pictures I have included. And if this post has helped you, I would appreciate your vote.
Thanks!!!

2  Thank Wayne117
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 October 2015 via mobile

Took our kids New Year's Day. A couple having a domestic dispute was there and the police had to be called. We didn't know if weapons were there because of screaming. Families were running all over the place and children were terrified. The structure was in bad shape. The "tower" area had apparent writing and trash was throughout. I have no doubt people use it for illegal activity. NOT a place for kids that is safe.

1  Thank Ashleigh C