“Do NOT stay here, even if it is the last room in the South Carolina!!”
Review of Guest Inn

Guest Inn
Guest Inn
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Reviewed 10 April 2012

You will note there were several other people who had reservation issues and couldn't get a resolution. I am one of those! I actually ended up with 2 different reservations and my Travel Agency and I have tried since March 6th to get a resolution. Naturally we only needed one reservation, but ended up with two. Yea, right...the front desk clerk said "no problem to change the reservation to only 2 nights...which is how we ended up with 2 reservations - one for 2 nights and one for 3 nights.

We have contacted the hotel and Guesthouse International and to date no resolution. We tried to resolve this in-person during the Masters 2012 week and ended up leaving. We simply could not and would not stay at a hotel that is being managed/owed by such dishonest people. In addition, the lobby (where one would think would look half-way presentable) was horrible and smelled bad. Believe everyone of these reviews...I wish I had... 2 reservations, didn't stay any nights, out over $700...shameful...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank hawaiiluver

Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed here 1 night during 2012 Masters week (Augusta is 22 miles). What a dump. First of all, with hotel rooms running at a premium, this is the last place to expect upgraded rates ($150 for 2 dbl beds --normal is $40) but they didn't disappoint us. Has that odor of cleaning products similar to those found in a large country in southern Asia. Paint was flaking off the walls in our room. The advertised pool (today it was 90 deg) was still in it's winter mode --covered and unkempt. Can't claim false advertising here! I would not recommend this to an enemy!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank priker
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Went there for a party on Halloween. Finally went to room at 2:00 am....Bugs all over and toilet would not flush. We did not stay..packed our bags and drove back home. Talked to desk and they were not interested in a complaint....Don't waste your money

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else...any where else
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ken B
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Nothing good to say. Nothing worked. Dirty. Rude.

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank Lana7777
Reviewed 8 September 2010

The hotel is under new management and in the process of being renovated. The room we had was typical economy. No worse and definately worth the price. There was a fridge and a microwave, which was very convient. The bed was comfortable and as clean as I ever trust hotel beds to be. There were very few guests besides us, so things were quiet. But betwwen the lack of other guests, the relative seclusion on the hotel, and the ghost towny look of the back unattached part of the hotel, (they haven't don't renovations on it yet) I strongly doubt that I would have stayed there if I were traveling alone. The gas station in front of the hotel didn't bring in the best crowd either. The locations is good if you need access to I-20 in a hurry. Other than that, downtown aiken is a 20 minute drive. There's a waffle house within walking distance and a Subway attached to the other gas station across the road. The hotel pool and free breakfast hours are pecular. The pool is opened from noon to 9 pm. Why noon? Its not like there was a lifeguard to work around. I don't see any other logical reason to prohibit someone their morning swim. The free breakfast consisted of milk, orange juice, coffee, frosted flakes, raisin bran, and what looked like poppy seed muffins. They closed the breakfast at 9 am and had very strict rules about not bringing any food back to the room. I'm sure there are some early bird travelers out there, but I think for most of us, closing the breakfast before 9 am is too early. The only thing that really irratated me was the room cleaning service. We stayed there 5 nights and the room was only cleaned twice. Granted they did knock two other times at an ungodly early hour, but appearantly this was the only round they made. If you want the room cleaned later you're SOL, no matter how long you leave the sign on the door for the room to be cleaned. I find this to be unacceptable, because there were so few other guests and so little other stuff for the staff to do. So, I would only suggest this hotel to single males or groups that wanted to stay in a quiet place near I-20 for 1 night.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple