“We came here with a friend”
Review of Tako Sushi

Tako Sushi
Ranked #10 of 172 Restaurants in Aiken
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came here with a friend visiting from out of town. We tried the stuffed jalapeños and Egg Rolls for an appetizer. The egg rolls were small but ok but the jalapeños were very raw and none of us cared for them and we only ended up eating a small part of the dish. We also ordered sushi. My rainbow roll was ok but my daughter’s salmon roll was oddly rolled (fell apart) and bland. I ended up ordering her a quesadilla which we took most of home and later found chicken bones in. Two thirds of it was inedible. To the restaurant’s credit they did refund me for the quesadilla when I called to let them know. Sadly, this will not be a repeat for us.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (198)

Reviewed 14 February 2021 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner with a group. We love sushi and this place hit the spot! I personally enjoy spicy sushi and they do it right while maintaining a great overall flavor. Cute and convenient location downtown in the alley. Will definitely be back!

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 23 October 2020 via mobile

This place has great taring food and such a friendly staff. Aubrey was our server and went above and beyond making sure my tacos were right. She checked on us frequently and offered food suggestions. We sat outside because we brought our dog. They spoiled him with cookies. Will return to this place.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 10 March 2020

Service was ridiculously slow. The waitress dumped full glasses of drinks on the table to begin with. I saw another employee joking about that. The food overall was below average in taste and presentation. The asparagus appetizers were delicious however. It was a very disappointing and expensive meal. I have been to this restaurant several times over the last few years. The last time was a couple of years ago. In the past we had a fun night with good food. Perhaps it was just an off night but for the time and money spent I won’t be back anytime soon.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 17 November 2019

The rolls and appetizers we ordered were excellent but the service was slow...took a while to the waitstaff's attention to get utensils and napkins. Took FOREVER to get our check paid.

Date of visit: November 2019