“Good choice for basic camping!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cranberry Run Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Analomink
Cranberry Run Campground
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Good choice for basic camping!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

My husband and I drove up to Cranberry Run on a Monday and checked in with no reservation and no problems. We have a 25 foot camper and at first we were directed to a site that was a bit small. (The camper fit no problem and it was a drive through, but we had a dog with us and needed a bit more ground.) I saw a larger site across the way and they had no problems allowing us to change sites.

The campground has a lower and upper section. While we were there, we walked up to the upper section and were pleasantly surprised to see electric hookups (but I don't think water or sewer) at nearly every site. And, it was completely empty! If we hadn't needed sewer and water, I would have moved to the upper section in a heartbeat!

The lower section has all the hookups and fifteen or so long term campers. It was so quiet every night and everyone was super friendly. We ended up staying a third night! BTW, when we asked what time check-out was, they said "Anytime you want!". LOVE that!!!!

As for amenities: they have a nice above ground pool, large playground area, fishing pond, volleyball court and a small store. This is no frills camping...just the way I like it!

As mentioned in other reviews, the road up to the campground is a bit rough in places, but you are in the mountains at a campground! Deal with it!!! And, GPS got us there no problem.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JourneyQueen33
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

My name is Robert Smith, and I live in New York City. I work for a bus company, where a group of my coworkers and I have planned trips to camp at Cranberry Run for the past 18 years since 1994. Biannually we schedule our trips for June and September. We prefer to camp at Cranberry Run, because it is the epitome of old-time camping that our fathers and grandfathers use to do.
Linda and Frank were the original caretakers of the campground when we started going to Cranberry Run. Since the beginning when I first met Linda and Frank, they have made my coworkers and I feel like family. They would occasionally pass by our camp sites to ensure that everything was good, and to see if we needed help with anything. Linda, Frank, and their family have always made my coworkers and I feel welcome, as if we were related.
On a particular occasion, one year that we planned to camp at Cranberry Run, my coworkers and I had arrived on a Thursday, just after Hurricane Floyd. At that time, it was raining unceasingly hard to a point where we could not even set up our tents, or cook a meal on the grill. Linda and Frank were kind enough to let us use their family grill to cook and sleep in the campground game room. No campground that I have ever camped at would allow anything like that. I am 50 years old and have been camping since I was 4 years of age, and never have I experienced this much generosity. This happened two or more times where my coworkers and I were stuck camping in terrible weather, and again Linda and Frank showed the same bigheartedness as they did during the first incident.
Over the last 18 years of camping at Cranberry Run, Linda and Frank have done some beautiful work with the landscaping of the campsites. The campsite grounds are now smoother and flatter; perfect for putting up a tent, and /or setting up a trailer with electric outlets to connect them to. They have a decent sized swimming pool, and plenty of outdoor games. The bathrooms and showers are highly maintained and are very clean. They have a gate at the entrance for security purposes to keep campers safe. Campers are only able to get in with either a campsite pass or code. Campsites are also pet friendly, as long as they are kept on a leash.
Cranberry Run is a beautiful, peaceful place to camp, and it sits on a side of a mountain, there are no doubts that anyone would love it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank RobertSmith62
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

We spent Fathers day weekend here.. I gotta say I was a bit nervous after reading the reviews but had already booked the reservation. And now I'll say the negative reviews are completely WRONG. We arrived friday eve and were greeted by the owners, very friendly people! Took us through & let us pick a site that we liked. (To the reviewer that complained they couldnt drive thru -I imagine the owners would not let someone without a reservation just drive thru to guard the privacy and safety of other campers.) The campsite and bathrooms were amazingly clean, the whole time we were there, the firewood was great, $5 bundles, the lake was NOT stagnant at all. We had airmattresses for our tent, the sites are mostly shale, rock and dirt/gravel. Overall it was a peaceful and tranquil setting for my family to enjoy the outdoors. They do have a nice bath house with hot showers, only thing I would ask is that they please install a latch on the shower stall doors, they didn't stay completely shut on their own and we had to hold them shut, perhaps the reno was still ongoing. The place wasn't hard to find, the roads are a little winding so you just gotta go slow. It was very close to the DE Water Gap for canoeing/kayaking/hiking, and also to Bushkill Falls, both events our family enjoyed. We just had the best time here and look forward to coming back!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

We just got back from a weekend at Cranberry Run and we had such a good experience I wanted to people about it. Also, I think some of the negative reviews are a bit dramatic.

While I agree that the place was difficult to find when using GPS, there is a giant sign to tip off drivers as to where the entrance, but we called the main office to to check for sure and they were happy to help us out. Yes there was a partially paved road that could use a little fixing, but when you're camping, you have to expect such things. Also, it looks like the campground is tagged as a hotel in trip advisor, and that probably throws people off.

Now the good stuff!

First, I must say that it was one of the cleanest campgrounds I have ever seen. The bathroom was a real surprise. I have been camping for decades and this bathroom was very well-kept. This can be a pain point for a lot of people when camping but it wasn't an issue here.

The staff were all very friendly. They welcomed us when we came in, offered to guide us to site and always made sure we had what we needed. We had a large group (6+) so we were all in the overlook site. this was great for us because we could all be together, and the noise was limited by the trees around us. The bathrooms were close by and even from there you could not hear any sound coming from our site.
The rec hall had some decent pool tables, and overlooked the swimming pool. The swimming pool was very clean and had a nice deck around it for lounging around.
Finally, this place was very close to activities (tubing on the delaware river, shooting range), and it's close to a grocery store (5 min drive to Weis) so it's a great location.

I will definitely come back to this campground. It has been the best one I've been to in the last 10 years!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
1 Thank jaredfurgal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012 via mobile

We visited cranberry run this weekend and booked it based on location. I never thought to look for reviews. We coulnt have been happier, From the pleasant staff to the amazingly clean site and restroom this surly made for an awsome weekend. If your looking for somewere to truely get away and relax then this is your place.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Analomink
0.0 km away
Timothy Lake South RV
Timothy Lake South RV
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Cranberry Run Campground? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK