New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Clarion Inn & Suites

Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Altoona
altoona
“Best stay in the country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

For traveling all over the country & world this hotel was the cleanesit and most hospitalbe I ever stayed at. No matter what I wanted or my crew of 20 needed they made the effort with a smile and glade to do it! Even the PA DER personel that stayed there with us always made comment how great everything always was! I recomend this properity to every one who has to stay in Altoona.

Room Tip: If you like sunny room ask to face Blvd. If you like to watch animals and a river ask for back side...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 138steve
altoonaexpress, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Wow! To be called the best in the country is very complimentary and I sincerely appreciate your sentiment. I am very glad to hear that your group felt the same way. We will be sure to have many more smiles waiting for you on your next visit to Altoona!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

The Hotel is located by numerous restaurants and great shopping. Great night's sleep...beds are very comfortable! Would definitely recommend this hotel. Will stay here again on my next trip to Altoona! Staff is friendly and very helpful!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
altoonaexpress, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Thank you for your review. I hope that you had the opportunity to utilize our discount program at one of the many restaurants surrounding our hotel. I was very pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. We hope to see you again!
Lititz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express several times and continue to enjoy the great service. Thank you so much for making our stay so enjoyable! All the people we have met are extremely friendly and courteous. They all go above and beyond the call of duty to make us comfortable. Love the home town feeling of that part of PA. The hotel is in a great location. Lots to see and do - shopping, restaurants, attractions, etc. We will be back soon. Thanks again for clean rooms and great service! Breakfast is also a plus! Always hot food and plenty of it!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are less noisy. Not so many kids in the halls!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
altoonaexpress, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. You had many kind things to say. I did note your room tip and I apologize if kids in the hall were an issue during your stay. February and March bring several wrestling teams to our region. We work very hard with the coaches to ensure that they are not disruptive to other guests. We hope to see you on a return trip, our staff is standing by to make you feel welcome and provide that home town feeling!
Termen, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

It was a great hotel to stay! The room was very clean and the breakfast buffet was great too, there were so many things to choose from! And that you can get coffee 24/7 is just one of many great things that make this hotel such a nice place.
Also the staff were very friendly and incredibly helpful. They really tried to make my stay as comfortable and easy as possible! Especially Jennifer Misner was extremely helpful and really funny and cool!
I would definitely recommend this hotel, it was one of the best places I stayed at during my trip to the USA!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
You were a delight to have staying with us, and we have come to think of you as family! I promise to work on my swiss german in the hopes that we see you again. I laughed reading how much you enjoyed our 24/7 coffee and I have not forgotten to ask Sheetz to open a store in Switzerland...do you think that Switzerland is ready for the MTO? I hope that you enjoyed your time in the USA, please keep in touch and we really hope to see you again. wir vermissen dich
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Just wanted to share what a great experience we had at the Holiday Inn Express Altoona! The staff was professional, knowledgable, helpful and courteous. Every one from management, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance - they were all great!! The rooms were clean and sufficiently stocked with all the necessary amenities. The free breakfast was fantastic - did I mention it was FREE! Coffee available at all times, access to a computer if we needed one, a hot tub and putt-putt! What more could you ask for? Next time we travel to Altoona, or the surrounding area, we will definitely be returning. A++++++++!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
altoonaexpress, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am happy to hear that you found so many things to love about us. I am also very fond of our putt-putt area, the gardens surrounding it are beautiful when in bloom. I am also very pleased with your comments on breakfast. I hope you had the chance to try our new pancakes, yum! We hope to see you on a return trip. Remember, you can follow us on facebook & twitter for special offers and event announcements.