All reviews window seat cookies front desk soup waffles indoor pool hot breakfast penn state room was clean sausage nice hotel waffle maker nice breakfast recommend this hotel great room enjoyed my stay stay there again
Reviewed 15 September 2016

We were checked in quickly, and their were cookies and coffee waiting in the lobby, which was wonderful. We stayed here, during one of the hottest spells this summer, and our room was a good-size, cool, clean and very comfortable. There was a refrigerator in the room, which I appreciated for cooling drinks down, for travel the next day. The beds were wonderful! There is a small gym, a very small indoor swimming pool downstairs and a laundry room too. I wish the pool had been open later than 9, because we arrived late, and I would have loved to cool off. Breakfast gave us a wonderful start to the day, with waffles, bacon, sausage, bagels, cream cheese, juice and more. I would stay there again!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Danielle B, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Shamare252,
With it being so hot and miserable outside, it sure sounds like your stay with us was cool and exciting which I am ecstatic about, we appreciate your wonderful comment! We offer so much variety here and I only wish you could have utilized our indoor swimming pool to top everything off. That will definitely have to be a next time deal so we do look so forward to your next visit when in the Altoona area!

Reviewed 14 September 2016

The hotel is very clean and well managed. All of the staff members are friendly and helpful. One of the housekeeping staff - Justin - went above and beyond, and we really appreciate his help! We look forward to our next stay there.

Room tip: Rooms on the second, third and fourth floors are nice and quiet.

Colleen T,
It is such a joy to hear how splendid everything turned out while staying with us especially how helpful the staff was, thank you so much for such positive feedback. I relayed your comment to Justin and he was shocked with excitement to hear and when I showed him your comment he was very grateful so thank you so much for recognizing Justin for his work! The entire staff is just wonderful with how personable they are and how hard they work. We as well can't wait for you to come back to see us in the near future!

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Reception staff were excellent, efficient and kind. Room was very clean,
simple but really comfortable. Breakfast was stated to start at 6.30am which we had decided to miss to get a 5.45 start. However the breakfast was already ready and the really friendly receptionist told us she liked to get things out early as often travellers needed to be on the road. WONDERFUL.
We paid $84 with a AAA discount, great value when compared to other hotels in the area. We are usually Hampton Inn Stayers but we think wefound a new favorite.
Well done and thanks Microtel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Danielle B, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Carolaprice,
To hear that you may be switching "home away from homes" is superior news and I am ecstatic that we will be your new hotel when visiting the Altoona area! I am so happy to hear how great everything was for you including the staff and cleanliness of our rooms. My staff works to hard each day to make guests feel at home and to accommodate them as well as they can! We all thank you and can't wait for you to start becoming our "regular" Microtel guests!

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Very nice hotel, staff room and more. My issue is that the pool closes at 9pm. That's way to early! Also, they have ONE luggage cart. The manager said that's all they are allowed to have. That needs to change, we were number 5 in line to use it so I just gave up and made 4 trips to the car.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family

Joseph C,
Hearing how nice our hotel is including the staff and more is great news, we thank you for sharing your comments! I wish you would have been able to utilize our pool while you were here because our guests love it and I know you would have too. I'm sorry the pool times didn't coordinate with your schedule this trip. Regarding our luggage cart, I am doing some research on your concern to see if a second luggage cart could be an option in the future; I thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Reviewed 12 September 2016