All reviews free breakfast full service hotel kiddie pool large hotel wide hallways room refrigerator breakfast potatoes timely fashion front counter nice lobby next morning rooms are clean sausage a wonderful stay altoona area definitely stay here again waffles
Reviewed 21 December 2017

Very good meal, all seemed to enjoy the food. My wife had fish and I had the Turkey- Ham club and it was huge. The fish was very good too. We had 10 all together and the service was very good with the sever named Maranda. She did a great job.

1  Thank BigMalPa
Management response:Responded 22 December 2017

Thank you for singing our praises. I will be certain to share your comments with our staff. Merry Christmas.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Was comfortable, clean, and the front desk staff was great. Very good location. The included breakfast is OK but Kings restaurant is right across the street if you want a really nice breakfast.

We did dinner at the bar the one night and had the prime rib. Split a 2 pounder and a mac and cheese special. Killer meal at a real reasonable price. Will do it again.

The review about it being noisy was pretty silly considering there are rooms that don't border the pool. We enjoyed sitting on the little deck outside our room and watching kids play in the pool.

Room tip: See note about pool side rooms if you want it more quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy K
Management response:Responded 22 December 2017

Andy, Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to try our prime rib and of course the mac & cheese. We look forward to your next visit and wish you a very Merry Christmas.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

I'm going with five stars on this one, considering the alternatives. If you're staying in Altoona, this may be -- dollar for dollar -- the best hotel choice you can make. The check-in was fast, friendly and efficient. The room is fine, with plenty of space, a mini-fridge and microwave, and a nicely stocked bathroom. The room rate was very reasonable. There are few cities in the United States where you'll get this much hotel room for so little cost.

I went to the restaurant for dinner, which was a surprising treat. The servers were very friendly -- which, frankly, I've discovered that most people in Altoona are. I went on tapas night, and had their meatloaf tapas as an appetizer, which turned out to be a meal in itself. You should try the Smokehouse Almond salad, which is great. I ordered the turkey and ham club sandwich for dinner, but packed it up for my trip home the next day. (This is where the in-room refrigerator came in handy.) Again, the bill for dinner was surprisingly reasonable, particularly since I also had two glasses of their Robert Mondavi cabernet.

I'd definitely stay here again, if my travels ever take me back to Altoona.

Room tip: First floor rooms are a bit more accessible
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

First stay ever at a hotel and I had high expectations. But after being woken up at 8 a.m. by screaming kids in the pool it's clear they don't enforce any of the rules. I had to chase kids out of the spa or hot tub as they call it but it wouldn't bubble. The signs and rules clearly State what they are supposed to be allowed to do including children under 16 not be allowed in the hot tub but there were kids as young as two splashing and screaming when I called the front desk about it they did absolutely nothing I didn't see a single employee enforcing any kind of pool rules the entire 6 hours we tried to keep going back and forth to the pool. The rooms were okay until you stepped out onto the balcony overlooking the pool and then all you saw was paint peeling and we found a mess on one of the chairs. When I called down for towels because there were none at the pool I was told I would have to go get them myself which isn't a huge deal but when I went down to get them I showed up the mess we found on the pool and said we'd like to exchange one of our chairs the ladies response was "I don't blame you" and that was all. I'm usually not a hard person to please but I highly recommend if you choose to stay here it is only to stay inside your room and don't come if you are on a vacation to get away from loud screaming children. Also do not attempt to call housekeeping after 5 p.m. no one will answer.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CToyama
Management response:Responded 28 November 2017

Courtney,
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations during your stay this past holiday weekend and will share your appraisal with my staff so that we may improve. Thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Our Room was nice and clean, the beds was comfy. The Pool and Hot Tub was very nice!! This was closed down for sometime but the new owners are really putting some working into remodeling the place it is looking great!! Our Room was across from the pool which made it nice for the kids!!

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded 28 November 2017

We are so glad that you had a terrific time and hope to see you again very soon.