“Looking forward to next stay here..”

Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The room is nice and Christina at the
front desk was pleasant and very helpful
with my need for 3 wakeup calls..the parking and access is great for CMVs delivering in the area that want to have a night out of the bunk..restaurants and mall within walking distance too..5 thumbs up :)

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Panama736
RedAllentown, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Allentown Red Roof Inn. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We hope to see you again soon.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Decent if you are looking for just a place to sleep. Cleanliness is alright although the carpet, bed covers & blankets were dubious. The desk chair was sticky and obviously had not been cleaned or disinfected in a long time.
Bathroom was clean, however, and water pressure very good. The supply of towels was minimal.
We had an issue with the toilet and called reception, they immediately brought a plunger, we appreciated their fast response.
Free wi-fi was a nice plus.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
RedAllentown, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2012

My name is William Fritz and I am the General Manager for this Red Roof Inn. Please allow me to first thank you for staying at my property. We really appreciate your business! I also want to thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your past stay. I apologize for the issues you experienced during your visit and want you to know we are addressing your concerns. The next time you are in the area and in need of lodging, please give me a call directly and I will personally handle your reservation. Thank you again for choosing Red Roof Inn, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

I typically choose the budget hotels when I'm simply looking for a clean, safe place to stay overnight - usually if I'll be arriving late and leaving early. This was my first experience at a Red Roof Inn, and it was a very positive one. The room was plenty big enough - I had a room with two beds in it. It was an old building, but they'd done a good job doing up the rooms as best possible to make them look brighter and more modern. There was a decent sized desk next to the TV - it was big enough for me with my small laptop, but if you need a lot of desk space for work purposes while you travel, it may not be enough for you. Red Roof Inn is similar to Microtel - they don't have a hairdryer in the room, and they don't offer continental breakfast - just something to be aware of if you've never used them before. I actually had my own hairdryer with me, so I didn't need to ask at reception about borrowing one. But you could always call in advance to see whether they do have one available, if that's important to you. They are situated in a busy mall on a main road - the traffic didn't bother me, but again, it's something to consider if you prefer more remote locations. The plus side of being in the mall is that you're close to most things that you could need.

I'll certainly be using Red Roof again - in fact I just booked a couple of nights at their San Francisco Airport location for when my boyfriend & I fly there over Christmas.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank NickyInBoston
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Flying into Lehigh Valley Airport for cat shows in NE Pennsylvania puts us out right off the tarmac at the Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport on Catasauqua Road. Having stayed here before, we elected to return as we recalled the manager was very considerate our last stay (we needed a late check-out due to the time of our out-bound flight)....this stay was just as good! Same manager as last year (says good things about the facility!) and an excellent room for our 4 nights stay. All we expect is a clean room but add the convenience of the location, close restaurants and shopping, ease on/off the main roads to our destinations (Charles Chinn Community Center/Palmer Township--for the TICA Christmas City Cat Club annual show....) then add 24 hr hot coffee, excellent housekeeping, clean rooms, great bed, free internet access, rapid hot water, a great shower, and a morning paper hanging on our door!.....this Red Roof is on our repeat-visit-each-time-in-area list--we'll even request (if possible) the same room! Thank you to the manager AND his staff (photo from parking lot next door and inside our room...Janet--one of the housekeepers with our show-boy....)

Room Tip: always ask to see room and if they can accommodate any 'special needs' you may have. Rememb...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I stayed here back in July for a baseball tournament in Allentown. Our team got a block deal at another hotel nearby, but I was too slow on responding. Plus, the cost was $30 more a night, and over three nights, that adds up. I found the Red Roof in right across the street from the other hotel (so my son could still hang out with the team) and thought this was a great savings.

Boy, was I wrong.

For starters, the room was dingy and seemed to have been a smoking room at one time. Maybe right before I checked in. The room did appear clean, but definitely did not smell fresh.

Another issue we had was the clientele....the two nights we stayed there, there were arguments and what I think were fights in nearby rooms. I didn't complain because it didn't seem the hotel staff ever did anything about this, and I suspected staff involvement (NOTE: I have no proof about this, it was just a feeling, and since I was with my young son I didn't want to have any run ins).

Why two nights? I was so disgusted with the hotel, I checked out and stayed on the couch of another team parent.

All in all, I can't recommend this hotel. As far as the good rate, pay another $30 and get a clean room and breakfast included.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CamAndPhoebsDad
RedAllentown, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2011

Thank you for staying at the Red Roof Inn-Allentown Airport. At Red Roof Inns, we pride our selves on providing our guests with the best lodging experience possible, and I apoloigize that we failed to do this during your stay.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide the high level of standards and customer service that you deserve.

We look forward to being of service to you in the near future, and as always, our Front Desk Staff stands ready to assist you 24 hours a day.

Very truly yours,

William Fritz
Red Roof Inn - Allentown Airport

Also consider these accommodations in or near Allentown
17.3 km away
Sleep Inn Allentown
#8 of 31 in Allentown
5.2 km away
Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK