“You'll swear grandma is doing the cooking”
Review of Paese Mio

Paese Mio
Ranked #20 of 467 Restaurants in Allentown
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Yeah yeah we all have our favorite Italian restaurants. Most discount any place that sells pizza too.
1- their pizza is untouchable, the best. The will customize or collaborate on any pie you dream up.
2- their meals and specials taste and feel like they were just prepared in a home and brought to the dining room table just for you.

Yes the portions will feed you for two meals. Keep that in mind if you don't want BIG DOGGIE BAGS.

But they have senior specials and a smaller reduced price version of most dishes that are much easier on the wallet and you don't have to worry if the take out is messing up your car.

Another feature is their party tray menu. Such bargains with amazing extras.
Between you and I when my wife is out of town I buy a half party tray of lasagna coming with a pint of extra sauce and a full pan of garlic knots with amazing garlic dipping sauce, included. The huge portions cost about $5 after you figure it out. So yeah I eat a lot but I have some buddies over and give a doggy bag or two. They also freeze beautifully.
You know the real test is the marinara. Their sauce is so good. It tastes like they cook down a truckload of fresh tomatoes every day. You know that super fresh tomato flavor from homemade sauce? They got it. That's why it seems they've got an army of grandma's cooking sauce daily.

Eat in or take out. Be safe while parking off a busy 4 lane road. They take credit cards and can't be nicer!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

My wife and I were going to try the Sunset Grille for the first time and when we drove by the parking lot was full, as usual. I had an alternative in mind in the event we didn't go to the Sunset Grille. Paese Mio. What a find! The service was great and the food was excellent and you got a lot of it. We chose from the specials menu and we were glad we did. We both had to take doggie bags so we could save room for dessert. They make an awesome Tirimisu. This is a BYOB restaurant so were came prepared with our own wine. We will be back.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Consistently great Italian food served by friendly staff. Their specials are exceptional ! My wife and I frequently split a special since they give you so much to eat. The ingredients are very fresh and the quality is second to none. This is family owned and operated restaurant and it is evident they take great pride in preparing and serving meals. You won't be disappointed. They offer table wine at no cost but if you like a better wine they suggest you bring your own.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

This is one of the few places where my husband and I can get great meals - and our order is correct. Sometimes we will be missing one salad dressing, but hey, we can check the bags before we leave. So many of the other restaurants don't get our meals right and/or don't package things properly. This place knows how to do things. They even wrap the salad dressings and oil with garlic in foil so it doesn't leak. Impressive.

The food is consistently fabulous here. The restaurant isn't very large; however; the service is great.

Their eggplant parmigiana and chicken parmigiana are two of our favorite dishes. The salads are really fresh. The green peppers are always crisp. The lettuce isn't wilted. I love salad. :-). This restaurant doesn't have a bar. I am not sure if you can bring wine.

This is a family-run business. If you like Italian food and really good pizza, It's worth checking out!

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Got together with my sister here for lunch. The place was really busy and after we were seated we found out they had a party of 35 in the back room. Our waitress was friendly and got our drink order and then our meal orders. It took a little bit longer then normal to get our food because of the large party but it was worth the wait. Eggplant parmigiana, Chicken Paese Mio and a chicken wrap were all very tasty when they came to the table. Our waitress she was sorry for the longer then normal wait. Forgot to mention that they have wonderful garlic knots also.