All reviewsmotor courtwalking distance to downtownrooms are smallunitrefrigeratorstoveretrofixturescozypetlinensmattress
Reviewed 9 September 2016

The Manor Motel is an old "auto court" motel probably built in the late 30's or early 40's. The units we stayed out were 12 and 3. 12 is the best if you have pets. There is a private court yard off the bedroom. Close to the road so noise can be an issue, but not late at night. Small kitchen in both units. As others have noted it is close to downtown which is a big plus. If you like a bit of funk in your lodging experience this is the place!

Room Tip: Number 12 if you have pets. Courtyard. Large unit but close to road.n. Number 3 has an extra bed in separate sleeping area.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2016

Clean, very reasonably priced, basic, quiet. I wasn't looking for a elaborate venue--just a place that's close and comfortable. It filled my bill to a "T"! I loved the fact that I could walk to the theatre because that was the reason for my trip.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

The motel is older and I would categorize the rooms more as small cottage type. They were comfortable but no extra amenities. The owner was very pleasant and helpful. Within walking distance to downtown area which was great. We enjoyed the walk and found the shops and cafes to be pleasant. We returned to the motel in the late evening and felt safe walking back. It was a hot day and night and the AC did not work well so made it hard to sleep. But for one night and the price it worked out okay for us.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2015

This is a very nicely kept up quaint motel in a great location close to downtown Ashland and the Shakespeare theater (about 5 blocks--you can't trust all the places that say they are within "walking distance"). Rooms are comfortable and grounds include small garden and picnic areas. Nicely equipped kitchenettes. Very quiet at night despite being on main road. I have only a couple of suggestions for the owners. The towels are not up to the other standards of the room, nor is the 17 inch TV and resistance to providing Kleenex. However, the staff is helpful and friendly. Note that the place is for sale and things could change.

Stayed: August 2015
1  Thank pvaller
Reviewed 12 September 2015

My boyfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. We paid a little extra to get a room with a small kitchen, which ended up saving us money in the long run. It had a full refrigerator, oven, stove, microwave, utensils, plates, pots and pans, so we made one grocery run that sustained us for breakfast every morning and a couple dinners. We felt very welcomed by the staff and our room was comfortable and clean. We were there, primarily, to see shows at the Shakespeare Festival and the motel is located just at the furthest walking distance we would have considered. It was about 12 minutes on the main busy street. It was perfect for what we were looking for, quiet, clean, central enough to not have to use our car, and in our price range. Would stay there again!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are full of windows, the kitchens are a big plus
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple