Ashland Springs Hotel
Bard's Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$ 163
US$ 130
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 148/night.

US$ 284
US$ 260
Best Western Windsor Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$ 202
US$ 149
Lithia Springs Resort(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$ 253
US$ 246
Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$ 169
Holiday Inn Express Ashland(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$ 162
The Palm(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$ 212
US$ 191
Flagship Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$ 142
US$ 107
Comfort Inn & Suites Ashland(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$ 88
US$ 86
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 109/night.

McCall House(Ashland)
US$ 264
Hotels.com
All reviewshistoric hotelcorner roomrooms are smalllarks restauranttallest buildingshakespeare festivalcontinental breakfastbeautiful lobbywaterstone spaoatmeallithia parkparking lotmiddle of townsurrounding hillsthird floorking roomfront desk staff
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We spent 2 nights here for the first time, after visiting Ashland for many years. We were curious about the renovation of the former Mark Antony hotel and loved the results. We found the lobby and our room delightful. The beds were VERY comfortable and we had views of the Ashland hills. The bathroom was it's own spacious room with a window. The breakfast was OK--rather spartan in contents and could use improvements, but the mezzanine setting was nice. Parking was good and the staff were friendly and efficient. We loved the location--all points in town are easily walkable. We did not try the restaurant. Overall, this is probably the nicest hotel in Ashland.

Room Tip: Get a room with views of the Ashland Hills (facing East).
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank renaissancetraveler
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Loved the Ashland Springs. Truly historic hotel in Ashland right in the center of all the action. If you love classic, older hotels, you'll love Ashland Springs. We had a corner room on the 9th floor. Beautiful views of the mountains and town. Decor has a beautiful 20's feel but is updated in lovely yellows and blues. Love the lobby with the amazing display of birds and eggs and sea life. What a gem! It is an old hotel so pipes are a bit clanky, elevator is loud and slow, and the smells from the restaurant permeate the building--but I found this all to be charming. Nice simple breakfast was included. Loved sitting on the pretty balcony overlooking the lovely lobby. Great coffee shops and restaurants nearby and ample parking. Very nice service. A lovely historic hotel. We really enjoyed everything about it. That said--if you are going during the Shakespeare Festival, I have friends who say make a reservation a year in advance!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We stayed here for one night the first weekend of March, 2012. We loved how close the hotel was to the theaters, the friendliness of the staff, the comfort of the bed, the shower and the views. The only negative was the elevator; small, creaky and slow. We made sure that we got a larger room and were very happy with it. We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Go for the larger rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I had planned to work during the day from the room and see plays during the evenings. Since Ashland has a fiber loop designed to encourage business, I thought internet access would not be a problem and be fast.
Staying at the Ashland Springs Hotel was a poor choice, even after wasting hours with the management trying to solve the problem. My initial connection speeds in my room were between .11Mbps and .28Mbps. (Home is 30Mbps.) Because of the Ashland Springs Hotel overall pipe of 2Mbps [for the whole hotel !] and the number of guests, it was not going to get better. Each connection is limited to .5Mbps, which is a (barely) workable speed, but the WiFi is very difficult to stay connected to.
The business center is a place for one person to print boarding passes. It has no climate control, so the business center was in the 40s during my winter stay. The internet connection was so spotty, I couldn't even test the speed. The interruptions were difficult, though not impossible to work around. This is the only hard-wire connection to the hotel's LAN that I found.
Since it's an historic hotel, power outlets are hard to come by. The lovely mezzanine, which has the strongest signal, had no outlets that I could find. On battery, I kept losing the connection every two minutes, which caused me to go through recurring hoops with my VPN connection.
I decided to go to my MiFi connection for work, but that left me using the hotel's buzzing phone lines. When i was listening, it was OK. More participatory calls required me to be in a noisy business in town.
Choosing the Ashland Springs Hotel for a 5-day stay in Ashland that was business and pleasure was a mistake. I had to conduct business calls in noisy restaurants, cafes and coffee shops. Hardly professional or relaxing.
I love the historic hotel and the great, central location. The staff and hotel tech support could not provide any improvements or solutions, although they did the best they could.
As a frequent business traveller, reliable, reasonably fast internet access is right after a comfortable, quiet bed and a warm place to bathe in requirements for hotels. I could have spent half the money at a national chain and gotten all three. Choosing an independently-owned, local hotel gave me two out of three.
It's such an easy problem to fix, especially with abundant fiber nearby. Too bad the Ashland Chamber of Commerce doesn't work with local hotels, especially the Ashland Springs Hotel, to insure that guests have a favorable business impression of Ashland.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank John B
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 days and we absolutely loved it. We stayed on the 9th floor and had a nice room with a great view of the mountains from two sides of the room. Our bed was very comfy and we loved the free continental breakfast every morning. We also loved the hotel's restaurant, Lark. Great cuisine and reasonably priced for the area. The hotel is conveniently located to Lithia Park, downtown, and the theater district. Also, parking is included.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 9th floor and I think the rooms are nicer there. The hotel only has 70 rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple