“We'll be back!”

Ranked #20 of 168 Restaurants in Ashland
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Delicious salad: pea tendrils (a first. so good!), blue cheese,roast hazelnuts, pear, etc.
Entrees run from $20 to $33. Menu changes regularly. I had flat-iron steak; pard had quail. Both cooked perfectly; wonderful flavor.
Best creme brulee, incredibly creamy.
Attentive, though not intrusive, service. We'll be back.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Based on a recommendation from a friend, my wife and I thought this might be a special place to celebrate our anniversary. It could've been a great experience but fell short on several counts. Initial reception was tepid and whenever I am asked if I have a reservation while looking at a half full restaurant, I start thinking "I'm not a regular!" The menu has things like rabbit and quail which is great but overall the menu is limited. Our food was cooler than the warmed plate we were warned not to touch. The cocktails were perfectly-made and the atmosphere is very intimate and nice, although those 20 watt Edison-style bulbs could use a few more watts! One more server may have been the tipping point, but Coquina didn't quite live up to it's huge potential.

1  Thank StoneflyBri
Reviewed 7 March 2012

The food here is always great, service can be a little weird due to it being owned by a couple, I feel like they need to let the servers have more control of their own tables. Other than that the food and wine selection does not disappoint.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

My wife and I live here, so we have our pick of Ashland's excellent restaurants anytime. We went to Coquina to verify the high marks given by TripAdvisor patrons. So we tried the beet salad and scallops. Truly superb! But we disagree with the slam on the lasagna, which was also great. Various groups of friends have raved that the pork chops are the best they have ever sampled. From prior dining there, we also agree. As for the service, the staff is limited, and thus we advise making reservations for 6ish. Portions were so large that we shared a dessert. We don't believe that Ashland has a finer restaurant, all around, than Coquina. Our overall assessment is: "delicious!".

Reviewed 28 February 2012

This restaurant was recommended by friends that visited Ashland in the fall. The restaurant did not disappoint. The restaurant is owned by a husband and wife team that has created a gem. The beet salad with chevre, and assorted other items was unique and great tasting. It was large enough to share. The scallops were well prepared and wonderful. It takes guts to open a restaurant away from the main area of town and this couple is making it work.

Been to Coquina? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK