“great selection, great service,great sake martinis” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kobe
Ranked #64 of 152 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Eureka, California
“great selection, great service,great sake martinis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We went to Kobe on a whim when we visited Ashland and we are happy we did. Our waitress was friendly and helpful and we never felt rushed. We tried the "Surf and Turf" roll with tempura lobster and steak carpaccio ( a real winner) and our waitress suggested the Yellow tail carpaccio (another real winner) which was beautifully presented and delicious. We also had Korean beef ribs on a bed of baby bok choy. The Sake Martini was a great way to top off the meal. It was lite and refreshing, a perfect way to top off the meal. I only wish I wasn't so full because there were so many other things on the menu I wanted to try.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank tjandlbc
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Ashland, Oregon
“Overall good but could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

We went to Kobe to have a family dinner. The waitress was friendly and nice. We ordered several different kind of foods. I must say that Kobe's fish is very fresh. I love their Yellow tail tuna and tuna. Sushi is also good. There are many varaeties of sushi, not exactly a Japanese kind but I must say it's very good. However, I have to say one thing about Tempura as a Japanese. We ordered a vegetable Tempra and every vegetable was pre-cooked before they deepfry so we did not taste any vegetable. That was sad. Please do not pre-cook vagetables or overcooked. Tempura has to be crispy and flavory. I would love to try again and see if they improve.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Saki_8_12
Seattle
“Beautiful refreshing and deliscious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

The food, the design of the restaurant, the service, the sake selection is better than Tokyo....Try the setting, yes the creek runs through it.....ask where it is to anyone in Ashland they all know this is one of the attractions in this small town.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank William F
San Diego, California
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

I've lived in NYC and L.A....I know sushi and Kobe has some of the best. Everything we're eaten here (10+ visits) has been impeccably fresh and delicious. Staff is great, atmosphere is great - try to sit outside if weather permits. AWESOME SUSHI!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank d r
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent sushi with service to match”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

This restaurant serves surprisingly good sushi, considering that Ashland is not near a major airport. Both sushi and cooked fish are fresh and high quality. Service is knowledgable and friendly. Having a severe gluten allergy, I particularly appreciate their efforts to help me enjoy a safe meal - including stocking a gluten (wheat) free tamari sauce. We have eaten there 4 or 5 times, and the quality is consistent.

• Visited January 2012