“Great place to stay for work or play”
Review of Colonial Motel

Colonial Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atoka
Colonial Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Atoka B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 December 2015

This is a great place to stay when traveling business or pleasure. It is located on the edge of town so it's pretty quiet but has close by convenient stores and restaurants. The atmosphere is laid back and feels like home. You can't compete with the prices either.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank ScottHayes92

Reviewed 7 December 2015 via mobile

Last month my husband and I were visiting family in Oklahoma. We stopped in Atoka for the night and rented a room at the Colonial motel. A woman named Penny greeted us very nicely and made us feel welcome. The room was very clean and had a homey feeling. We both enjoyed our stay and defiantly would stay again. Thank you Colonial

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Pam L
Reviewed 14 September 2015

I stayed at the Colonial Motel in February of 2015. I was a long ways away from my home in Portland Oregon so I didn't know what to expect but I was surprised at how affordable the room was. I was a little surprised that alot of things had not been updated in probably a long time(T.V.,Ice box,wall art etc...) but in all the room was comfortable,quiet,clean linens and good customer service. This made my stay more enjoyable so for the $42 I paid for the room I couldn't have been more satisfied.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank SuePen65
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We booked this motel without actually seeing it first. When we got there, we weren't really surprised to see that it was a rundown, little roadside place. No big deal. After we saw the room, we decided to leave. First of all, the room smelled heavily of smoke. The woman at the front desk hadn't asked us if we wanted smoking or non-smoking, so we assumed we had just been assigned a smoking room. The floors and counters looked clean, but nothing had a bleachy smell which disturbed me. The sheets seemed clean, but again, no bleach smell. Also, they were pink. I know sheet color isn't really a reason not to like a place, but I prefer white sheets that make it hard to hide stains. The towel and wash cloth were what made me decide to leave. We were only given one dingy looking towel. The wash cloth was grungy and gray, and looked like it had simply been wrung out. It was stiff and crusty. I know I could have asked for more towels and a replacement washcloth, but the implications of a crusty, wrung out washcloth were what made me decide to leave. The woman at the front desk was pleasant and immediately took the charge off our card. Unfortunately, the hotels in Atoka are either like this one or really expensive. We left two other hotels in town (bugs, dirty, etc.) before we finally ended up at the Day's Inn for 90.00. Pretty steep for such a rundown little town.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I travel extensively and pay for my own hotels. Since I don't use most amenities like pools, restaurants, room service or breakfasts I am always on the lookout for a good, clean, safe and inexpensive motel.

I not only liked the Colonial Motel so well that I wanted to review it here, but I also went back and stayed there 4 separate times. As a result, I have stayed in 4 different rooms. They are all non-smoking and do not have the smell of residual smoking in them. They are all clean and safe and have a comfortable bed and a decent TV.

They are not fancy, but are everything I want to find in a motel. I can back my car up to the door, be left alone and get work done.

Is this the Ritz? No, but for the price, you cannot beat it.

Room Tip: Room 14 is the largest of the 4 I stayed in.