All reviews cinnamon rolls bacon room was clean air force base biscuits staff was very friendly business trip great breakfast elevator jacuzzi attendant cereal pillows
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

I was greeted by a friendly hotel front desk lady. The check in was quick and efficient.
My room was clean and quiet. They had me where I requested; away from elevator and on first floor.
They had fresh baked cookies, that were very tasty.
Check out was quick and my invoice was correct.
I’ll be back.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2018

I have tried and tried to like this hotel to no avail. My biggest complaint is that they consistently offer the worst customer service that I have ever experienced in the IHG hotel system. I have tried for years to like this hotel and the most consistent and annoying things about my stays are a rude and unfriendly front desk staff, lack of accommodation considerations and failure to right their wrongs. Because of the nature of my work and the fact that I NEED to stay in this area.. I am so disgusted to report that during my last stay, the young front desk clerk told me that if I didn't like it (what ever it was that they refused to correct), that I could call corporate. Oh wow. I am a 10 year IHG Priority Club Member and I am blown away by this attitude. My recommendation is that if you can find anywhere else to stay.. you should go stay there. Management is no help, marketing is no help (I was promised a corporate rate three or four years ago) and if you don't like something about your stay, they just flat don't care. If I could avoid this hotel, I truly would. Oh, I'd also like to mention that the hotel/motel taxes in Jackson County, Oklahoma are the highest I have ever experienced in my 40 years of staying in hotels.

Room Tip: If you can find another place to stay, I recommend that you do. Vernon, Texas for instance.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Kyle D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Altus, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Hi Priscilla!

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn Express Altus. I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconveniences you faced during your stay.
We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback seriously and will coach our team to make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future. I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at or kyle.denton@hhmlp.com.

Kyle Denton
kyle.denton@hhmlp.com

Reviewed 18 March 2018

my room was very spacious and clean. Bathroom the same. i was travelimg alone and felt very safe. Great breakfast for a hotel , crispy bacon and biscuits, the coffee was very good and the attendant kept everything full.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We checked in on a cold night. The staff was very friendly. Our room was very clean and quiet. The bed was very comfortable. The ice machine is on the 1st or 3rd floors. The breakfast was very delicious. There was eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, juice, coffee, cereal, and cinnamon rolls. Be sure to ask for your AAA or AARP discount.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Kyle D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Altus, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciated you taking to the time to leave us a review and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We got a suite and it was awful. Only 3 towels when we checked in as a family of 5, the sleeper sofa looked like it was pulled from a dumpster. My kids wouldn't even sleep on it, so I put pillows under me and slept on it. I slept with no blanket, because there was not an extra one and I didn't feel like waking up everyone to leave to go to the front desk to get one. We got in late/left early in the AM and just wanted a place to sleep. We shouldn't have to ask for basics like towels/blankets. Also the sleeper sofa had urine stains on it, all ripped up, literally could feel each and every spring.

Stayed: September 2017
Kyle D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Altus, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I apologize for the sleeper sofa in your room. Our standards are higher for our guests, and I'm truly sorry we did not meet them for you. Once again, thank you for staying with us, and helping us find a problem!