All reviews full kitchen basketball court smoke detector waffles newer hotel shower head separate bedroom full service bar large flat screen tv west side beautiful hotel fire alarm walk in shower living area quiet area would highly recommend this hotel memorial day weekend
Reviewed 9 May 2018

The place looks brand new although I was informed that it is 2 years old. It is right next door to the Emerald Event Center making it a perfect destination for an event there. The staff was very helpful, especially Becky (or maybe Betty). The rooms are well laid out and the technology is excellent with fast internet and lots of places to plug in. They offer shuttle service to the Airport and the driver was great.

Room tip: If you want it quieter -- ask for a room facing away from the event center
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Rex E, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cleveland Avon at The Emerald Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Dear kennylund,

Thanks for choosing us to be your home away from home on your recent visit to Avon, Ohio. Happy you enjoyed the design of the oversized guest room and all your tech needs made doing business easier. The staff looks forward to accommodating you on your future visit to the area.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

This is a newer hotel, and has some nice upgrades, though the rooms don't seem as big as some of the older Residence Inns. The king suite is set up a little odd, and we actually had to move the TV stand to pull out the sofa bed!

The indoor pool was great. The water temperature was perfect - not too cold when you get in, and comfortable for swimming. Although the hot tub looked inviting, I never got in because I was comfortable in the pool!

The breakfast was delicious. in addition to the typical cereals, yogurt, etc, there were chocolate croissants, and a nice variety of things to add to the make-your-own waffles (flavored syrups, whipped cream, etc). The coffee area also had some fancy syrups to add.

Overall, I enjoyed our stay, and will definitely look to stay here again the next time we are in the area. It was a great value for the money!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa S
Rex E, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cleveland Avon at The Emerald Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Lisa S,

It was a delight to have you as our guest at the Residence Inn Avon, Ohio. The staff strives to meet our guests expectations, happy to learn that you enjoyed the pool and that you waffles were delicious with your favorite toppings!

Thanks for sharing how much you enjoyed the hotel, your comments and business is greatly appreciated.
We very much look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to the area.

GM

Reviewed 30 April 2018

The rooms are clean, comfortable, spacious, and new. The tvs have the capability to stream Netflix if you have an account, although the wifi wasn't the best quality. The room wasn't feather-free as requested when we arrived, but that was quickly remedied. The breakfast was decent, but nothing special. There are two problems with the rooms. The first is that there is a smoke detector above the bed that has a very distracting, bright, blinking light. The light woke me up during the night. The other problem is that the hotel was obviously not made with sound in mind. The hotel is pet-friendly, and there were a few times when we could hear someone's pet a few doors down. Additionally, the noise from the hallway into the room was quite loud. Luckily, the hotel wasn't busy when we visited, so the noise at night was not bad.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Ohiogirl00,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the Residence Inn/ Avon, Ohio. The blinking green light on the fire safety device in the room is not in the best location sorry woke you, however your safety is very important to us and we have shared this design issue with the appropriate people. We strive to control the noise glad to hear it was not so bad for your visit.

We very much look forward to hosting you on your next visit to the Avon area.

GM

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

A highly recommended hotel to stay for business or with family. The room is spacious with kitchen and sofa. There is a nice bar with live music band once a week. They have a decent gym and basketball court for workout as well.

Ambience : 4/5
Bed       : 4/5
Design  : 4/5
Food     : 4/5
Price.    : 4/5
Service : 5/5

Trip type: Travelled on business
Rex E, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cleveland Avon at The Emerald Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear Jakey L,

It was a delight to have you as our guest on your recent visit to the Avon area. We look forward to accommodating you on future visits to the area.

Thanks for your comments and have a great week.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

The hotel is new and clean. Rooms is huge, great TV with netflix. BUT the fire alarm located over the bed has a very bright light that blinks every 5 minutes or so, bright enough to light up the entire room. We turned in after midnight so we didn't notice this until really late, I thought I was tired enough that it wouldn't bother me, but it woke me up every 20-30 minutes. Even tried sleeping with a towel over my eyes. Finally just got up around 6am. When checking out at the front desk, I mentioned this (thinking it was an isolated incident, maybe it could be fixed for the next person) and the front desk staff told me that it is what it is - that they can't do anything about it, that it was code. I think I just stood there for a second (I am really tired at this point after an entire night with very little sleep). I said something like- you should give people eye masks or at least warn them that a bright light will be flashed in their face all night, before they stay here. She didn't say anything, not sorry, nothing. Umm thanks? I feel like I was intentionally tortured, severe sleep deprivation. The reason I got a hotel was specifically to sleep.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Rex E, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Cleveland Avon at The Emerald Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear dapzach,
Thanks for choosing the Residence Inn/Avon At The Emerald Event Center. I apologize for the blinking light that is visible in some suites from the bed. The design of the alarm for fire safety which is hard wired is out of our control of being able to change as guest safety is our first concern. I also would like to apologize for the guest service agent that did not apologize to you for this light. I have shared your comments with staff so that a better explanation can be communicated to our valued guests,of which you are one. Your business and taking the time to share your experience assists us with ways to improve.

We look forward to your next visit, please ask to see the room so you can determine if the safety light will be a distraction to getting a sound sleep. We will be happy to show you the suites that are open when you check in.