“Sure was bad”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 January 2021

First, walked in, the sign said wait to be seated, after some time they said go seat yourself. So we did, then sat around 15-20 minutes, finally asked us what we would like to drink,about 5 minutes later got are drinks. Waitress said she would be back. About 10 minutes she came back and took our order, both orders were all you can eat fish, fries and a side salad. She left with the order, after about 15 minutes I stopped one of the waitresses and asked if we could get our salad, took them an about 15 minutes finally got them. In the mean time this place hardly has any heat in there, we were cold and some other people asked if the funace was broke, thought that was kinda funny. Finished our salads and sat about another10 minutes and finally got our fish dinners. I am usually not a complainer about places, I understand businesses have problems. But this place was one big problem, service like that, they should close there doors and do something else

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (100)

Reviewed 24 October 2020 via mobile

It has been a long while since we've eaten here. After this morning we won't go back. First, as we got out of our car a fellow dinner rolled down the window and saud good luck they had just walked out. Two women yacking at the bar and they got tired of waiting.

Get seated in reasonable account of time and drink rider placed. And the everything got SLOW. Server Ashley FINALLY brought our drinks and my response was ready to order. Placed our orders, 3 pancakes, my french toast and my daughters steak and eggs. Ashley never came back with refills. My $5.99 french toast were 3 small slices of bread while my daughter 8 ounce of steak, 2 eggs and potatoes were decently priced. Husbands pancakes were price is right. His pancakes hot, my french toast luke warm. I ask about the my two eggs over easy? Whelp she forgot. 10 minutes later the eggs come out. They were NOT busy at all and the server was nice but SLOW.

Also found it interesting that I looked on TA to see what mom and pop places were in Alliance. Thus what reminded me of this place. When i clinked on the link to their website, menu was TOTALLY not-even-close to what was posted in the restaurant. Sadly this place has really gone down hill and needs to close it's doors.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 4 October 2020 via mobile

Stopped in after church for lunch. We waited at the entrance for 5 minutes with two other couples before being acknowledged. Too long for one couple as they left before being seated. ( We should have followed them ) Once seated
We waited for almost 15 minutes without drinks or acknowledgement from our server. Never saw her even on our way out the door to the car. We wasted 20 minutes of our afternoon. Tried to support local business, but something needs to change in their service before we will return to The Blue Fig in Alliance.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 3 March 2020

If you don't mind waiting, and cold food along with non existing service. This is the place for you! And then be challenged when you don't leave a tip? Tipping is for GOOD service. Not for showing up to a table taking an order and then disappearing. The other waitress gave us our drinks and when she got tired of seeing our food sit in under the heat lamp, she brought it out. Sadly it was after most of it was cold. Ask for the check and was told she had it somewhere! When I paid the check our waitress didn't have any change so I said JUST KEEP IT. Then she started mouthing at me about her tip! REALLY?
Used to be a great place. Oh an by the way the fish was great.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 15 February 2020 via mobile

Great time if you like wings you have to go for special wing night. They have lots of flavors to pick from and are really good.

Date of visit: February 2020