“Great veggie burger and fries.”

Swensons (North Akron) Drive-In Restaurants
Ranked #3 of 553 Restaurants in Akron
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 24
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Home of the award-winning Galley Boy! Friendly curb runners serving up fresh, never-frozen burgers, shakes, & crispy extras since 1934!
Reviewed 13 August 2015

Straight from the 50s. They run out to your car to take your order (unless you already called it in, which is even better). Our son loves the Galley Boy, a double cheeseburger with special sauce. We love the Salad Boy, a great veggie burger. And the fries are excellent - best to eat nice and hot.

Date of visit: August 2015

Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

This is a one of a kind place. I love that it is in my backyard. If you are looking for grease and AMAZING food, this is it. It satisfies every tastebud.

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

You have to get a Galley Boy burger best burger in town. When my Family come in from out of town they always stop at Swenson's to get a galley Boy. Been going to Swenson's such I was a little girl a

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed 13 August 2015

The waiters run from place to place. They never walk, even when delivering food to waiting cars. I am sorry but I was not as impressed with the food as others. As soon as I drove up the waiter was at the car door. This was super quick but I waited a full 20 minutes for my order. I understand cooked to order but geez it was just a burger and fries. I got tired just watching the guys sprint about. They looked very nice in their crisp uniforms. I saw no female wait staff. My fries were good but just warm. I got a nice packet with napkins, salt, pepper, a straw, a fork for the coleslaw and ONE packet of ketchup. I was alone and felt safe enough but I would never visit in the evening. I did not appreciate drivers on both sides of me smoking and holding the cigarettes outside their cars. Will I go again ?? Maybe The burger was good and I liked the large variety of shakes. The shakes were thick and wonderful. I made up my own flavor hot fudge malt with pineapples. The malt and pineapples were extra but well worth it. I would suggest you look at the menu online before you go and have an idea of what you want before you get there. It sure helped me. Enjoy the experience.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 11 August 2015

I just love this place. FAST service and food is just, just...well do go and try it...you'll be back, I promise! Very courteous curbside wait staff and I just love eating in our car like the old days! And the burgers...OH SO GOOOOOOD!

Date of visit: May 2015