“Marvelous Carousel”
Review of Chapel Hill Mall

Chapel Hill Mall
Ranked #48 of 55 things to do in Akron
More attraction details
Owner description: Chapel Hill Mall offers a fine selection of stores such as JCPenney, Macy's, Sears, and other specialty retail shops. You can also grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants.
Reviewed 7 August 2017

This mall has definitely seen better days. There were several empty lots including at least one anchor. The staff, however, was very helpful and friendly. We came here to ride the carousel 15 minutes before it opened at 10 am, and we discovered the carousel didn’t open until 11. We couldn’t wait that long, so we were guided to the mall office where we explained we had come from Michigan to ride their carousel. They did some searching around, and someone who had operated it before gave us a special ride. This carousel is beautifully kept up. It was the 2nd carousel Carousel Works of Mansfield, OH made (in 1994), therefore the 2nd new wooden carousel ever to be made – quite a distinction! The last classic wooden carousel was made in 1934. Our hope is that this mall can revitalize, but if not, this carousel is worth moving to a new location to continue entertaining people of all ages.

3  Thank Bertram S

Reviewed 26 July 2017

It's clear that Chapel Hill Mall was one that thriving, but since then, has been in a decline. You can find the stores you would expect here, as well as a few favorite food venues in the Food Court, but overall, it's a mall that I just cannot suggest.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Chapel Hill used to be a great mall. The heavy hitters have left, no more Macy's, Sears, or Old Navy. I can't blame them. I won't even go to the mall without muy husband any more as I don't feel safe. Too many teenagers roaming in large groups.
The food court is disgusting. The bathrooms are gross. There is literally not one redeeming thing about this mall. It would be better demolished than remaining the mess it is now. Drive to summit mall and skip this place altogether.

1  Thank twinmom12409
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Chapel Hill has declined like many malls. Major tenants are no more. Mall has become unsafe, especially at night.

1  Thank Thomas L
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2017

This mall used to be a special place and always reminds me of when I was a little girl and going to the mall was an event. I do not think a Christmas went by that we did not take the obligatory trip to see Archie the Snowman.

Now the mall is run down and many of the stores are closing. Some bargain disposable fashion stores are still there.

I'm not sure if it is just a dated mall, if the economically depressed nature of the residential area where it is located has negatively affected it, or if the fact that nicer malls makes it pale in comparison has caused my tendency to avoid this mall.

If you absolutely have to look for something specific, the mall is ok. But this is no longer a destination mall-- a place to go and hang out and pleasure shop.

1  Thank jlormeau