“Bang for the buck” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Avon Motel

Avon Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Avon
Avon Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Avon
Nags Head, North Carolina
“Bang for the buck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

3 of us stayed to beach fish,had no problems.Store and restaurant across the street,beautiful beach out front and 4 wheel access real close Best part it was 60$ with a kitchen for our fish fry.....highly recommend

Room Tip: Get a top floor efficiency
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank restless0ne
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Spotsylvania, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

Well, lets see. The only reason that these people are even here is that it is the only game in town. The check in process was easy enough, but the clientelle... that's another story. If you are a stoner surfer dude then this place is probably passable. Besides from the rotting door, loud air conditoner, filthy lumpy mattresses and covers, disgusting bathroom and deplorable carpet it wasn't bad. It was loud and noisy in the parking lot. The shower stall looked like it had been painted. We stayed for twp nights because I had already payed but I would never do that again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
20 Thank TenneseeTraveler1982

Travellers are raving about these Avon hotels

USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

I actually didn't get to stay here, but they were cool about it. I needed internet during the trip and, when I checked in, they mentioned that their system had issues with Macs. Not sure if it was temporary or not..ask if this is an issue for you. We tried, and could not get it to work. They helped me find another room with another establishment on the island during a full weekend.. Like I said, cool people.

Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank FamilyGuyUsa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

this is about as bad as it gets. old and worn out. dirty. beach access was ok. the cottages/houses they also rent may be better.

• Stayed August 2011
14 Thank purlpat
Sebring, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

We travel often for both business and pleasure. When we travel for business we are able to choose nicer hotels. However, when I travel for pleasure, especially with short term planning we are willing to stay in more affordable, older hotels. I have stayed at probably every class of hotel possible. I've also spent many nights in typical "mom and pop" hotels at the beach. I have to say this is THE WORSE place I have ever stayed.

I would estimate that no major improvements have been made to this place in 25 years or more. The furnishings, appliances and fixtures are terribly old. Our room had the loudest ceiling fan I have ever heard. The floors sagged. Remember the show "Sanford and Son?" That is the way the rooms look.

I have to be honest with you: We are more than willing to stay in a low class place because we love the beach so much. Besides, we spend almost every waking hour outside of the room. This place is just TOO expensive for these horrible conditions.

If you read the other reviews here and think, "Oh, it can't be that bad..." you will be sadly disappointed. It really is "THAT BAD." If you're looking for affordable, I'd recommend camping before staying here.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
15 Thank PeruTravelFamily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
9.9 km away
9.6 km away
Cape Hatteras Motel
Cape Hatteras Motel
#4 of 6 in Buxton

Been to Avon Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK