“Nasty”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Asheboro
Augusta, Georgia
“Nasty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

The room seemed nice,the bathroom was kind of small. But my daughter and husband both got woke up with roaches crawling on them. My husband killed one and took a picture and all the clerk said was ' yeah I see" no apology,no offer to compensate nothing. I will never stay here again,

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jlcaulkins
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Garner, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

I read & researched this hotel & it was VERY WELL worth it for the price & location. We stayed 3 nights & didn't have any problems as others reported, except for the door to the room--the key sometimes doesn't work & the door doesn't want to close lock just have to learn how to work the door & keys. Breakfast says it includes eggs & bacon OR sausage it DOES NOT. Over all we enjoyed the pool, free beer & popcorn, & very friendly & accomidating staff. The hotel was clean, yes if we wanted to be nit picky we could find things wrong but nothing to make us change hotels or be scared away from. Would deffinately recommend this place again & would deffinately stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Henderson, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

I made a last minute online reservation for one night. We were going to take the two grandchildren to the zoo the next day. When we arrived, it was somewhat confusing trying to figure out how to get in the parking area in the dark from the street. The check-in was smooth and the front desk person was pleasant. I asked for a non-smoking room and didn't detect any smell in the hallway or the room at all. The room was clean but slightly small. Everything worked fine. The bathroom was clean and adequate. The two queen beds were comfortable and clean also.

It is close to several eating places and only 10 min. from the zoo. It was a very good value for the stay. It would be hard to beat it for price and quality. I would stay again and would recommend it for a moderately priced hotel. The breakfast was adequate again for the price paid.

Room Tip: Good value with the economy we have!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

The sheets were stained, shower had mold, headboard was greasy, pool was dirty and needed a thorough cleaning. After complaining we did get another room, but overall the hotel was dirty. I thought it might be okay, because some people just write bad reviews, but it isn't a good hotel choice. The room updates were cheaply done.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
ComfortInnAsheboro, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2011
We have no report of this stay, these incidents, or moving any couple in June, 2011 to a new room. We have had no guest complaints of stained sheets, moldy showers, greasy headboards, or a dirty pool - which is cleaned at least twice daily. Owner recently spent in excess of $2 million dollars in renovations of this property.
Loris, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

My family and I stayed in this hotel for 1 night, thats all we could stand. The room looked very clean and well-kept, after a recent remodel, it should. Anyway, we go home and I notice a couple small, itchy bumps on me. After about a week, I kept getting more bumps. We live in a farming community and I thought that maybe something else was in my home. My husband went to our local farming store and bought an insecticide that would kill most bugs in our area. After the home extermination we continued to get bites. I went to my doctor and found out that I had bed bug bites. I searched online for more info about them. So, almost 2 months later, I found the bed bugs, alive and crawling. From the beginning we had blood spots on our sheet, where the bugs bite you during the night. My husband and I have now thrown our bed in the garbage and torn out all of our carpet. We now sleep on the couch because of the infestation that we have, all because of this hotel. I contacted their local health department and upon inspection, there were bed bugs found. This is the Randolph County, NC Environmental Health office. They can confirm this. Hotel management and the owners will refuse to address this issue, so we are in the process of suing the hotel. dont stay in this hotel!

Room Tip: bed bug city!!!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Guest stayed at our property in March, 2011; did not report bed bug incident to us until May. When she contacted our property, she immediately demanded a cash settlement without explanation or verification of her resulting expenses. The Owner asked for copy of extermination and purchase of new bed receipts - carpets were never mentioned - she instead contacted the local newspaper. Although the health department inspects our property monthly with no incidents of beg bugs prior to her stay - and the extermination company that we contract with had given us a clean report in Jan, Feb, and Mar - they were contacted to come back. In that inspection, two dead bed bugs were found in the room she had stayed in - no living/crawling bugs and no infestation was found. The extermination company has treated the entire property and we have a clean report again. Although the owner was never provided any supporting documentation of this incident and her claimed financial charges, they still paid a cash settlment to the guest as an effort of good faith in the town and the property.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Asheboro
3.3 km away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 6 in Asheboro
27.1 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, High Point (Greensboro/Winston-Salem)
27.0 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites High Point South
27.0 km away
Comfort Inn Near High Point University

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK