Jordan Lake State Recreation Area
Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great North Carolina Recreation and camping area

If you love boating it is the perfect place to be. Many free ramps to put in at and loads of... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
DavidSNC
Apex, North Carolina
This is a wonderful retreat and well maintained

I live close to Jordan Lake and although I tend to avoid it during busy periods have to comment on... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
ApexMagpie
apex

All reviews huge lake bald eagles great camping creek campground great state park pontoon boat general stores bath house camping trip hiking trails entrance fee crosswinds boating sites campers loop picnic
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Great Lake for boating and swimming. We generally go late afternoon, have dinner on the lake and relax.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have visited 29 State Parks and always find the staff very nice and helpful. I must say that at this one I met two employees that clearly didn't enjoy their jobs. The lady in the visitors center may have been having a bad day, but it shouldn't be taken out out visitors to the park.

As for the park itself the lake is huge and there is a lot to do. We enjoyed the views of the lake.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

A beautiful State Park. Visited this on my tour around NC State Parks. Staff was extremely helpful selecting a drive in camp site. Hike through the woods from campgrounds was very nice. Beautiful easy 3 mile round trip jaunt. Took a side trip to see the lake
Hint: During the week had the park practically to myself
Was nice to see Ranger truck pass through a few times
Go enjoy the outdoors

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Had a great time on Jordan Lake! The fishing wasn't as busy as we had hoped, but the water felt great!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We camped on Loop B with an RV. It's a beautiful lake with lots of outside activities. We hiked the natural trails between the camping loops, toured some of the lake in a kayak, rode bikes, and enjoyed the spacious camping site.
Fortunately, our RV had bath facilities. I felt sorry for those who had to use the facilities on Loop B. The bathroom floors have not been mopped or swept in quite some time. The spiders live among the stall doors and in the corners. There is no hot water, soap, or a way to dry your hands. We never saw the Camp Host, or I would have shared my thoughts with him/her.
The bath house offers very little privacy. There is a door on each of the 3-4 shower stalls, but you have to leave your clothes, towels, etc on the bench with everyone else's towel/clothes.
Had the bath facilities been better I would have rated this experience as excellent.

1  Thank VolunteerNC