“Steps steps and more steps!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Club Blue Dreams

Club Blue Dreams
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Torba
“Steps steps and more steps!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

We booked a Family room, it was up 80 steps from reception and 93 from the pool, the room was mediocre woth a grotty bathroom, no pug for the bath and the shower screen kept falling off, the pool has broken tiles nd the food is luke warm, the smoke from the show cooking blows through the resteraunt and chokes you and the waiters wont leave the kids alone to eat their meal constantly tormenting them......on a good note the weather is great, it was 45 degrees when we were there 2 weeks ago, oh and the private beah is a very narrow strip that looks more like buildrs rubble....needkess to say I am complaining to thomsons and would not go to this hotel again

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank lellybelly66
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

We stayed at blue dream for 11 days at the start of sept and had a brilliant holiday all staff were very friendly and the animation team and bar staff were brilliant with us theres a lot of stairs but if ur ok with that there is nothing to dislike dont be put off by other peoples comments its what u make of it and everyone has their own veiw

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank oly4796
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

well to start off i would just like to say this was not my first trip out of the uk and yes i have stayed at many 5 star hotels so i know what they are like!!!!! Anyway we had a fantastic holiday the place was lovely the setting was great and it does say when booking its built the rocks on the coast and if you look clearly at the pictures you can even see that!!!! It was clean as anything new bedding every day and towels free drink all day long till 12 even if it was local drink ( when in turkey do as the turks do). The food was not to my taste to be honest but again there was nothing wrong with it it was just turkish.
All the staff worked really hard and met some great people, the bar staff where great apart from one or 2 who could do with some lessons in service. But most staff could not do enough for you.

I cant wait to go back next year and hope that you give this place a go you wont regret it!!!!
Dont listen to the moaners they would moan even if they gave a review on their own home !!!!!

Room Tip: we liked the low room yes you can here the disco but you get used to it.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ollie521
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

First of all, I'm going to start off with a little rant. Most of the negative things I have read on here I just cannot understand at all. Yes the hotel has alot of steps, but surely it is common sense to ask about the location before you book it, or are you really that stupid? There weren't too many steps to our room though, and were on the 2nd floor. There can be loud music around the pool, but it's hardly deafening, If you want peace and quiet there are plenty of sunbeds on the Jetty. If you don't want the food to get repetitive then it's probably best not to book for two weeks, which is the same case for most all inclusive hotels. I personally thought that the choice in food was excellent. I'm not too sure what some people expect on holiday, to be treated like a celebrity all week, well that's the impression i get from reading some of these.

Now i will write my review and what i thought of the hotel. Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel during 12th - 20th September. The staff at reception were very friendly and helpful when we arrived and showed us to our room. I was very surprised with the hotel when we first arrived, it was better than my expectations. It is such a beautiful hotel, the views were fantastic. The food was really nice and I thought there was alot of choice, alot more than all inclusive hotels i have been to in the past. There were live stations where they would cook food infront of you at every meal of the day. I believe the was food there for everyone, even if you are a fussy eater there will be something there you'll like. The staff is the restaurant were helpful and provided a good service. There was never any problem finding a table, most days we were lucky to have on the edge where the views would be beautiful. The A La Cartes were fantastic and i would recommend giving them a try, they were set menus and would be a 5 course meal, you would not go hungry after them. You do have to pay extra for drinks in them but we just had water with our meals. You also need to book in advance, but was never a problem. The snack bar is also good and open during the day if you fancy a change, they serve burgers, pizzas, hot dogs etc.
There were a wide variety of drinks included, we only found out on the 4th night that some cocktails were actually included, it may be worth asking on your first day what is included and what's not so you don't miss out.
In the tea garden, a woman would make pancakes for you in the day which were lovely.
The entertainment team were lovely, they were very friendly and liked to get you involved with the activities. You would not be bored in the day or the night.
Our room was nice, we had a big balcony which was shaded by trees and not much of a view because of it, but it was not a problem as we did not spend much time in the room. The rooms were clean. We did have a problem with the air conditioning on the third day but we reported it to reception and they dealt with it straight away.
There are watersports at the hotel which you do have to pay extra for. Most of the things are affordable, around 15 euros which i personally think isn't bad at all. We went on a jet ski on the last night, at first i thought it was quite expensive, worked out at about £45 for two people for 15 mins, i loved it and thought it was worth it in the end, However if you don't want to pay extra, the canoes are included.
The only thing i didn't like in the hotel was the water slides, they were quite rough and the pool was not deep enough for them, you can easily hurt yourself because of that reason. It did not bother us though as we headed to the waterpark anyway.

All in all, i loved the hotel, the best i have been to as of yet. I still fail to understand the bad reviews on here but i suppose everyone has their own opinion. I would suggest that everyone should ask about the hotel before you go ahead booking. The hotel is probably most suitable to 18-30 year olds although there were alot of families with young children. We had amazing weather also, was 40 degrees most days.
I am already considering going back here, loved every minute of it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first and second blocks don't have too many steps leading up to it and quite close...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Louise T
Bedford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

We have just come back from this very, very sub standard hotel after a two week shame of a holiday! We were mis-sold this holiday as 5 star. What a joke, at very best this is no more than a 3 star. I tried to cancel this holiday after the feedback I read that was not on the site before I booked. Please do not be fooled by the good feedback you read. I met people on this trip who thought it was great too, but the people who said this had never been to a 5 star resort before and most had never been abroad before.
Lets begin with the rooms. undersized if you have more than 2 people, the beds are full of lice! you are eaten alive at night. The air con works randomly, the bathrooms flood fequently. The staff will also visit your rooms without notice when you are out and remove items like TV remotes where another customer has complained that they have no remote. They take one from another room and keep this going until someone breaks the chain of complaint because they dont watch tv !
Food; My son had a very bad case of tummy upset as did many other guest. The food that should be hot is never hot, the selection is all the same. We went all-inclusive we have been on alinclusive trips for the last 6 years and all 5 star, this hotel is neither! if you want a drink after midnight you have to pay. talking of drinks, unless you are local or a young single lady, you have to wait until they feel the want to serve you, I work for a turkish guy and have done for 12 years, he is my most trusted friend, like a brother to me, a most honorable man, these guys seem to recent you !! The only guys I must single out was a guy in the buffet diner called Tukai, this guy and the guy who runs the kebab diner during the day were the only persons who any good at all.

The staff in the dining room would ignore you whan asking for a drink, often they stood chating to one another or no where to be seen. Beware the return trip. at the airport the guys in duty free tell you that on your flight back you are allowed 6 packs of cigs and 5 of tobacco, peoiple were falling forthis, they all make it sound so convincing, it is a con, be warned !! If you want 5 star alinclusive please go to the Dominican republic. I am can recomend 110% the Royal Pallidum Palace and spa resort in Punta Cana, it cost about £130 more than we paid on this trip and it is worlds apart. Only draw back for us is the 8 hour flight ,we are not great flyers and thought we would try and half our trip this year. we waited all year for our break and I am going back to work monday so tied where we could not sleeep for noise and being eaton alive. The other thing, "al'lacart dining my Ear! I will add this once again, those who rate this over 3 star have never been to more than 3 star, you have been warned! The only thing you could not fault was the location, great views, sea was lovely, lots of steps which we did not mind but if you are getting on or have Asthma or a broncile complaint you are in trouble. The Manager is a guy called Diniz, he is clueless, and unfortunately as the Manager he sets the bench mark. there you have it, I would urge you not to go as one who feels he has totally lost two weeks of his life to this scam of a hotel! Now all I have to do is get my money back from thomson. Just so you know, we go with thes guys every year and the rate the Dominican resort as 5 star as well, they can,t be right on both loctaions, some trukish guy who owns tha hotel ahs manage to get himself a 5 star but not on merit, I wonder how. I hope there is a thomson agent out there reading this that is getting a dry mouth right about now, cos I am going to raise hell on this with thomson!
5 star Yeah Right !

Room Tip: Do not get higher than first floor, but then you will be kept awake until 2am by music !
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank NICK A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torba
0.4 km away
Bodrum Holiday Resort & Spa
Bodrum Holiday Resort & Spa
#13 of 99 in Bodrum City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,107 reviews

Been to Club Blue Dreams? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK