“Wow Gumbet not Bodrum!”

Ranked #4 of 98 Hotels in Gumbet
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Wow Gumbet not Bodrum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

Fantastic public areas, very clean modern and beautiful. Hotel rooms are however exactly as descibed here, so if you are aware of that you won't be dissapointed. They are however good enough for the purpose as most people don't spend much time in their hotel rooms when on holiday.
Our first week was much quieter than the second and loungers were readily available. Even on the second week we were able to find beds at 9 oclock, though any time after that it was more difficult and would have been more difficult again if there had been more than the two of us.
The main restaurant was very busy and chaotic and the waiters worked really hard to make sure tables were available.
Food and drink were of an excellent standard and to our liking. Drinks of local variety were available for most things you just had to ask as the menus were not often available.
There was a convenient dolmus stop just outside the front entrance which was great for getting to the shops and attractions of Bodrum.
It is a nice walk to the very busy Gumbet for shopping restaurants and bars etc.
There were some great evening entertainments organised - Beach foam party and Victory day were the best.
The down sides for us were that it was so full there was no where for couples to feel as if there was any quiet space for relaxing. Also our room, although it had a beautiful view of the sea was very noisy. Not from within the hotel but from the beach bar, an adjoining property which played blasting music some nights until 5 oclock!

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms will have better views but ask for a 1 away from the slides for a more peaceful slee...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank kitties63
badeoral, Guest Relations Manager at WOW Bodrum Resort, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your great comments about us. It was a pleasure for us to meet and serve you. I will pass your comments to all our staff as there is no greater motivation than your words. It will be an honor to welcome you here again. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade Oral
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ayr, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Fantastic staff very friendly gr8 food fantastic views and gr8 shopping bargains to be had more uk orientated here been in side n it caters more for the German Russian market

• Stayed May 2011
4 Thank rab-kelly
Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your compliments about us. It was a pleasure and will be an honor to welcome you here for a memorable WOW Bodrum Resort holiday. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade Oral
Leuven, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

* Really nice food!!!, excellent all in (included mini-bar)
* Friendly staff
* Relaxing beach and pool (nice extra: they bring around free home-made lemonade)
* The mini bus stops in front of the hotel, so it is really easy tot get to Bodrum, Gümbet (apr 15 min)
* Nice trips in the surroundings (Kos, Bodrum market and castle ... )(Travel guide can be at use)

The only problem we had (but very fast solved)
- I think they don't have double beds, but we just pushed the bed together and the next day they automatically gave us sheets for a double bed :)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank LiesbethSss
Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your great compliments about us. I will pass your comments to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. You can be assured that we will keep on working hard to deserve those nice words. It was a pleasure to meet and serve you here, so please do not hesitate to contact me for further help for your future vacations. It will be a great pleasure for us to serve you again. Best regards, Bade Oral
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

My review dates back to the Easter half term of 2011 and 2010, I didn't realise I hadn't reviewed this hotel and as an avid fan of Tripadvisor, I thought I better correct it.

I first stayed at Wow Bodrum in half term 2010, and we really enjoyed it that we stayed again the following year(I very rarely go to the same hotel or resort as I like to try different things).

On arriving at the hotel, as it is a popular place to stay, I would recommend one of the party go to check in, that way you will be first in line. Your bags will be taken to your room for you.

The receptionists speak great English and are very helpful. The lobby/reception area is where most people congregate for evening drinks. There's plenty of seats, sofas etc and you get free wifi, you will need to enter your passport number(reception will take a copy of your passport).

The main buffet restaurant can get very busy at peak times, but the staff try very hard to get the tables turned as quick as possible. The choice at breakfast and lunch is good, at dinner time there is a greater selection, and I have to say we loved the food. A wide selection of salads and veg(I don't like these as I'm more of a meat eater).

There are several themed al a carte restaurants that you an visit once each week.to book them you use the phone in your room. There is an Italian, mediteranean and a Turkish.

I loved the Turkish, there's a small choice but the food is delicious! As well as these restaurants there is a snack bar with pizzas burgers etc for lunch, a place for coffee and toasties and a Turkish restaurant with amazing meatballs, and chicken wings, and of course Turkish pizza.

The drinks available are not branded names that we will know but tasty Ll the less. The wine was really tasty.

The animation team, try to get you involved, but aren't pushy, someone will come round from the spa, thoroughly recommend the Turkish bath and massage - amazing and good value.

The hotels is about 15 minute walk from the nightlife and shops. We weren't too fussed as just wanted to chill by the pool. Which is very well maintained.

Rooms are clean if a little chintzy but very comfy. You get a few drinks in the fridge and are topped up throughout your stay.

All in all I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

I like to holiday and go away 4-5 times a year, I like to stay somewhere nice, and Wow Bodrum resort is ideal!

Any questions let me know

:D

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank MartinQ
Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your nice comments about us. I will pass your compliments to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. It was a pleasure serving you and will be an honor to welcome you here again for another memorable holiday. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade Oral
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

We booked the WOW after reading some excellent reviews on here about it.

When we arrived, the staff were very friendly and helpful and even though there were 22 of us checking in, it was quick and efficient.

The hotel itself is lovely, beautiful grounds and nicely spaced out into a little community. We were given directions to our room and our cases were brought along by the bellboy after. The room was very big, had a lovely balcony but was a bit dated with decor and the bathroom could have done with an upgrade.

Overall we were very pleased with our room, and we received a bottle of champers, a fruit basket and some chocolates which was very nice. The room was about a 5minute walk from the main hotel and pool, however we were kept awake every night by the music playing from the main hotel which went on until well after midnight. We also had an ajoining room with a locked door, but the door wasn't very soundproof which meant we could hear everything our neighbours were saying and doing - rather uncomfortable!

Unfortunately the weather didn't hold out and for the 7 days we were there it rained for 4 of them. This meant we didn't get the chance to really enjoy the outdoor facilities and as Turkey so very rarely gets rain, there wasn't much to do in poor weather, the common areas inside were very overcrowded and there was no entertainment on the nights where it rained.

The buffet restaurant was very disappointing, there was very little choice and the same thing for lunch and dinner and each night very similar food - there was no variation in the desserts at all. I have stayed in 3 star half board restaurants with far greater variety of food in the buffet restaurant and I am not a fussy eater.

The speciality restaurants helped vary things a bit, the Turkish restaurant was fabulous for both lunch and dinner and the staff were great there. The Italian was wonderful for our evening meal but at lunch the service was dreadful - I was served my meal 20 minutes before my husband's meal arrived so I was finished before he even got his dinner and there was no apology!
The medditeranian restaurant was very nice, but there are only two choices on the menu - sea bass and sea bream. I'm not that keen on fish, especially when it still has it's head on, I did end up really enjoying it but it was a bit of a shock at first.

The wine was nice and included in the all inclusive - I was a bit disappointed in the cocktails, they were very watery and served in plastic glasses.

Our room was kept very clean by the staff, however we didn't eat all our fruit and after 2 days it started to go mouldy. It was on a big plate so we couldn't put it in the bin but it took 3 days before it was removed from our room which made me a little uncomfy.

It is a lovely hotel, and I think it's a very high standard for Turkey, but it's on par with a decent 3 star in Spain on the Canaries. My last holiday was a 5 star paradise in Mexico so I am probably comparing it to that which isn't fair, I don't think we got to see it at its best due to the weather and it was a very pleasant stay but I think a week was enough for us, after two weeks the food certainly would have gotten mundane.

If you have already booked, don't worry at all, I was just a little disappointed as there were just some little things that if tweaked could have made it much more 'wow'.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room, you get a lovely view from the balcony over the bay
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank jeniwren21
Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your comments about us. You can be assured that we will always keep on working hard to deserve those nice words and to give a better service to our guests. your comments about the variation of food in main restaurant will be dealt with a high level of consideration. It was a pleasure and will be an honor to welcome you here for a memorable WOW Bodrum Resort holiday- maybe with better weather conditions. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade Oral
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
0.5 km away
4.1 km away
El Vino Hotel & Suites
El Vino Hotel & Suites
#1 of 99 in Bodrum City

Been to WOW Bodrum Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK