“Carefree holiday”
Review of Voyage Bodrum

Voyage Bodrum
Ranked #2 of 97 Hotels in Bodrum City
Reviewed 6 January 2012

The idea for choosing an all inclusive hotel was so we could totally chill and not do anything. That goal was achieved :)
The staff were very friendly, extremely helpful and provided personlised service. We got to be sooo lazy.
The food was excellent, with a huge amount of choice of freshly made local and international dishes. Loved the salad bar. If you are into desserts, you get to choose from 20+ every night. The bar was great too, tried nearly all the cocktails (over a 12 day stay).
The location is lovely, with a great view of the castle and easy access into town.
The room we had was fine, not hugely luxurious, it was clean and had good beds. We first had a seaview room, but found that too noisy with the music from the pool. We were transferred (without any problems) to a land view room and enjoyed that for the rest of our stay. Really a personal preference.
There was entertainment at night at the beachbar when we there. Some I enjoyed more then others, once again personal preferences.
If you are into snorkelling, byo mask, there was actually a reasonable amount to see, both in the enclosed part of the bay as well as around the corner along the more mountainous part.
We also hired a car one day and wetn to Permukele. Great expereince. Hotel staff organised it all and gave us a great deal.
Overall we had a blast. Would happily go back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the landside are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank orange-diva
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Voyage Bodrum

Reviewed 25 December 2011

Christmas and New Year means holiday ( time ) but my dream vacation was Voyage Bodrum.From A to Z all the staff,helpful and hospitable reception,very clean housekeeping staff,delicious foods and good cookers etc...
I heard that now they are on a renovation and I am willing to see its new face.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Greta hotel and good value too. Food, drinks, location especially water taxi across the bay to Bodrum all great. Ability to sit by pool or on beach also good although loungers were snapped up early by the pool. Only downside was that music in the bar VERY loud and we are not adverse to good music, loud bars etc but it was excessively loud at the lovely beach every evening, hard to have a conversation - major donwside.

Room Tip: Ask for room without a seaview (roadside) that way less likely to hear music from bar that goes on u...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Avaughanj
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I believe this hotel is currently closed for refurbishment, but I really enjoyed my stay last August and would definitely go for a return visit. I was initially put off by its Gumbet road address, but it’s between Bodrum and Gumbet, and not at all tacky. The crowd were fairly international – lots of Dutch, and surprisingly, lots of Turks. I take that as an endorsement of how good it is, that the locals holiday there.

The only people moaning about everything were, of course, the Brits – when I stayed there, there were a truckload of Welsh people (my countrymen) whingeing about not getting a sea view and making the Thomas Cook rep, Debbie, run around for them. I came to think of her as Downtrodden Debbie. What is it about British people and sea views? I think it’s because as a nation, we like to sit holed up in our hotel rooms, or on our balcony and not get out by the pool or ocean with everyone else. If we have a sea view we don’t have to go out. I was initially disappointed at not getting a sea view myself, but soon realised that the quietest rooms were at the back of the hotel, and you only get slit windows anyway. The hotel staff are delightfully stubborn about changing rooms for you anyway, so my advice is don’t bother – just go with what you’re given. The standard of the rooms is high, and you spend most of your time by the pool, the sea, by the bar, in the restaurant or on trips.

I loved the fact that the Turks were celebrating the end of Ramadan while I was there. The hotel provided extra Turkish drinks and food. Of course, the Brits moaned about it, and complained about the Turkish music in the bar. Sigh. The only Turkish habit I’d complain about is the incessant smoking – I was passively smoking by the sea every day, despite my best efforts to move out of the way. Everyone’s at it!

I loved the fact that there was a water taxi right next to the hotel that takes you into Bodrum marina. I love boat trips generally so it suited me perfectly. Plus I organised a cruise via the holiday rep – I tried doing it through the reception staff but they didn’t know what I meant by ‘trip’ – they thought I meant crisps! My advice is, book trips with your rep at the welcome meeting (this is so not what I would normally do on a holiday!) I went to Ephesus for the day, and the best bit was the coffee stop by Lake Bafa first thing in the morning and again in the evening. Beautiful.

Being all-inclusive, the hotel is swimming with abundant food and drink – I loved the breakfast omelettes in particular. Solo travellers are best going to the self-service buffet restaurant as you don’t have to sit waiting for your food while everyone stares, wondering why you’re a woman alone. The snack-bar service is slow but the food is good. I loved sitting next to the sea-side bar, being entertained by the cocktail waiters doing their Tom Cruise thing. Really good vibe down there, despite the constant Turkish music. They definitely need to think about getting some Gaga on. Or something.

Bodrum is never going to be a quiet island experience, but I really enjoyed it and would go back. I’d stay at the Voyage again for sure. The way they looked after a Welsh lady who fell and fractured her shoulder by the pool was laudable and I thought the hotel masseur was incredible. Stop moaning, Brits and enjoy it.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back without views are quieter - sea-view rooms are over the bar so they'll be nois...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Lisa E
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We stayed at Voyage Bodrum in May and had a fabulous break with good weather. It can get a little hot from July onwards so May is the perfect time to go. The hotel has everything you need for a relaxing break and the food was excellent for an all-inclusive. My only complaint about the food is that you had to get there early to get BBQ meat and fish - they tended to run out quite quickly. There was a huge variety of food though so no one went go hungry. The salads were particularly good. Breakfast was the best meal of the day, so many fresh breads and eggs cooked to order, and there was only one hour per day when you couldn't get any food - there is a patisserie during the day, a midnight buffet and you can even get sandwiches in the early hours from the lobby bar.

Our room was quite small but was very clean and had all we needed. The shower was slightly disappointing - there was not much presssure. The sunloungers by the pool were all taken by 10am but there were always plenty available on the beach. The beach itself was tiny and there were rocks at the edge of the sea so it wasn't the best beach experience but we didn't expect much for the price that we paid.

You can get a boat to Bodrum from the jetty, which runs frequently and is very cheap, and Bodrum town centre is lovely - lots of shops and restaurants. The harbour is very pretty and there is a castle.

The best thing about this hotel is the branded spirits. I have never been to an all-inclusive where they have proper spirits rather than local and all included in the price. The worst thing was the noise from Bodrum Bay - due to the location in a cove, the music from the clubs in Bodrum carries over to the Voyage so some nights we had trouble sleeping until the early hours. The hotel entertainment wasn't great but we are not really into that kind of thing anyway and spent most evenings at the pool bar playing pool and talking to the fantastic bartender.

I would recommend this hotel for a couples break but it isn't great for younger people in groups as there isn't much going on in the evenings and the clientele tend to be middle-aged and older. You can always get the boat or a taxi to Bodrum though, plenty of bars and clubs. For the price, it was perfect and just what we needed. We would go back if we were looking for a cheap week away.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the front of the hotel rather than overlooking the beach. It should be less no...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
La Blanche Island Bodrum
#2 of 9 in Guvercinlik
10.0 km away
Rixos Premium Bodrum

Been to Voyage Bodrum? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK