“better than expected after reading other reviews” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Mavi Kumsal
Ranked #48 of 100 Hotels in Bodrum City
cumbria
“better than expected after reading other reviews”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2010

gutted as we were shown to our room ,AWFUL.stained carpet,disgusting bathroom, wardrobe fell to bits...standard room , we booked superior with sea view,went to complain no prob , we were shown to a gorg room great view big balcony, modern , lovely.so plz make sure to book SUPERIOR most staff pleasant, food nice,
water taxi ok but steps a bit dodgy,have to be careful,big hill to go up to head into bodrum,prob 20 mins walk.dolmus@ top of hill ,handylittleshop 5 mins from hotel.wine etc.5 lira for taxi comin back to hotel from bodrum,15 lira to gumbet by taxi ,great nite out!! all in all we really enjoyed . oh theres lifts but they never went to our rooms so had to use steps,no good for anyone with dissabilities.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kaztez
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2010

This hotel is in one word DISGUSTING! I will NEVER stay here in my life again! As a regular traveller I booked this hotel for it's location and my first visit to Bodrum. (My 3rd visit to Turkey). As all my previous visits to Turkey were very pleasant this hotel made me change my mind about Turkey and the normally friendly hospitality that one experience in Turkey. This hotel is at a perfect location and have all the facilities any hotelier can wish for but the lack of management and use of the facilities are very poor! The rooms are disgusting dirty and so are the bathrooms. Blood stains and snot all over the bathroom tiles. After having a shower (in cold water as I only had warm water for 5 of my 7 days) you feet are black again when you get to your bed so dirty is the carpets in the room. The breakfast was typical Turkish but food sit on the buffet for hours and meat start to colour and bread are dried out. Lucky for me I did not book half board as the 3 times I walked passed the dining room at night time the food was just as disgusting. PLEASE think twice before you book and stay at this hotel even if it is the cheapest hotel in Bodrum PLEASE avoid this hotel. Lots of hidden charges. The staff try their best but with no back-up from the owner or the General Manager who for a 4* hotel approached me on my 4th day of asking to speak to him in flip plop's, t-shirt and shorts????

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank safrican1962

Travellers are raving about these Bodrum City hotels

Romford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2010

A 4* hotel all the way through, bar the rooms.

Staff were very friendly and made a huge effort to speak English.
Service fantastic, hotel and view picturesque. Swimming pool was a luxury not many hotels appeared to have and the sea was on our doorstep too.

No sand or beach but a lovely decking areas with sunloungers next to the bar. Crystal clear waters and many a fish to swim with.

Rooms could have done with new carpets and some attention to the paintwork. Might be worth paying for a seaview room; no view to speak of otherwise, which made the balcony pointless!

The hotels appears to be all inclusive, even if you only book B&B as we did. Set buffet dinner was extensive (although, we only ate there 1 evening, as we wanted to experience other restaurants).
Food at poolside bar was wonderful - this we did have to pay for though.
Cocktails = awesome :)

Travel into Bodrum is easy once you know how! Frequent boats from the decking area and very cheap. Cabs only costing a little more and again easy to come by (roughly 15TL = £7).
There were buses also; however, the hotel is situated at the bottom of a very steep hill - the bus stop is at the top - try walking at your peril hehe!

Overall, a wonderful holiday made all the more special by a great hotel to relax and rest our heads.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NatalieAndGus
Istanbul, Turkey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

I have been there for a week in July 2010. I booked from the internet after I saw the photos of the hotel. it was seemed so nice to me until i stepped in to the reception :) An unpainted and stained ceiling is welcoming you. After that clerk told us that there is no free room in the main facility. She told us that she can give us only the club rooms :) That was a huge dissappointment.

After i saw the depository room i decided to write down my experience about the hotel. I m adding the photos for you to see. There is no window at the place of the window :) it is open to the outside :) Think of a towel coming from this room to your room said to be clean :)

The kitchen is not a place to see. Please dont look at it , if you cross the coridor :) Because you will not be able to eat anything.

Count all of the drinks that you consume from the mini bar. They tried to make us pay drinks that we never drunk. Not a joke sincerely I'm recommending you to note all the drinks you drunk.

For one week we demanded only one room cleaning in the third day. We hanged the "clean my room" card to the door and left the room. In the evening when we came to the room we saw that bed sheets are not changed. Bed sheet and the other bed coverings were the same. They have just smoothed up the bed :) can you believe that ? They are getting a ton of money for the night and not changing the coverings. Just for one time :)

The beach was not suitable for a person who loves sandy beaches. It was so reefy. if you want to swim here prepare your sea shoes before you came here.

I m sincerely not recommending this hotel. The only place that you can have good time is out of this hotel. It could be anywhere in Bodrum but not this hotel.

I'm completely regretful about my hotel selection.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank istanbul011
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2010

My husband and I had browsed through several web sites to pick our perfect location for our honeymoon. We looked at this hotel that had a good location as well as a good price.

We were very excited to arrive in Bodrum and took a taxi to the hotel. What met us was a dark lobby, and a not so friendly lady that told us it was too early to check in. We were told we could put our luggage in a room, but the room had no security. Coming from our wedding with lots of valuables, we were not very happy about that. Anyway, we didn't have to as she found us a room that was available.

We got to the room and what a disappointment is was. Room was tiny, furniture was in need of an upgrade as well as the bathroom. I was devestated. We thought we would try and manage. We took a boat taxi to the city, but even few pints later we just couldn't do it. Just the thought of sleeping in that room made me very upset.

We went to the reception and asked for an upgrade or at least a different room. We had been so unlucky to be placed in the old part of the hotel that desperately needed an upgrade. But I must say, the newer rooms were ok at best. So, we decided we couldnt stay there. We found another hotel and packed our stuff and checked out 5 hours after checking in. When talking to the lady in the reception, she was very understanding and called her supervisor. We were prepared to pay for the first night of course, but they said that it was ok. This is the reason why they get 2 starts, not just 1.

I would never stay in this hotel again and I cannot recommend this hotel to my family or friends. If you do decide to stay (it's good location and price), make sure you book your room in the newer part of the hotel.. Also, there is just a tiny beach.....

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple