“Quite Good just not our cup of tea”
Review of Ersan Resort & Spa

Ersan Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 96 Hotels in Bodrum City
London, United Kingdom
“Quite Good just not our cup of tea”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We have never stayed in AI resort before and braved ourselves to drop in - which is what we did, to a great confussion of the reception staff! :) We decided to stay for two days and longer- if we like it. Not sure that's the most cost effective way but didn't want to commit for longer. Well, we stayed three days and that was just about enough.
The possitives were: beautiful waterside decking areas and great number of pools, the hamam and the spa, entertainment team (great bonus for my 5 yr old), pleasant overall grounds and various seating areas.
Negatives: meal times. The food was good (i'd say out of 100 dishes about 10 were very good) but the experience of getting it and then eating it was unpleasant- very noisy, people pouring from all angles for drinks, desserts, etc, bookable restaurant was dissapointment too.. the other negatives were just to do with the fact that it was a resort.
I think one gets a better deal by staying in a boutique hotel near many restaurants as it costs about the same but you have a lot more choice and freedom and you deffinately see more.
Overall it's a very good resort (with some stylishness about it), especially for families with teenagers.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kristina M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

We had a great Holliday. We always book a all inclusive holiday this time of year because we can find resorts at half the price as next month when they are fully open

LOCATION, fantastic cant fault the resort or the beach, take goggles and see the fish.

FOOD, the main restaurant has a massive range of food and salad with one exception, not enough fish, the resort is on the med, I don't understand why there was only one choice of fish, it was the same sort of food every day but for me this was not a problem. Loved the deserts, what a choice. I took a thermos mug with me so that I could have a big cup of tea, I take the thermos mug on all my all inclusive holidays they always give you small cups during the day I used the flask for the cold drinks from the bar.

ENTERTAINMENT. We did not go to see any so can't comment. We went for a quiet break, for us it was watch the sun go down with a gin and tonic then dinner followed by a couple more gin and tonics next to the sea, bed by 10.30. They had a entertainment team for day activities and they were great.

HOTEL. Excellent facilities. Clean rooms. It's a shame the bar on the beach only played jazz music. It's great the first couple of days then gets on your nerves the rest of the Holliday. If you look at google earth you will see some loungers along the little pier none were there this week so each morning we took two along and a table and we were in heaven with our music dock, that way we did not have to listen to the jazz!  I think the reason they did not have 20 loungers on the pier was because the wood was a bit rotten, I am 20+ stone I had to be very carefull when walking as I could feel the wood giving way under me, the maintainance men every day went along with some screws each morning but with them all being very thin and probably 8 stone soaking wet they did not realise how unsafe it was. We did not want to stop them letting us put our loungers at the end of the pier so did not tell them till the last day. On our last day a guy came to us and told us we could no longer move the loungers, at least we had 6 days of heaven away from the crowds. The resort was not full so no problem with finding a lounger. All the staff were friendly and attentive but not many spoke English, they all spoke a little French my 1970's school French lessons paid off!! Most of the guests are French or English. Love the night lighting around the resort at night the place is lit up in colour and the fountains have colour changing lights.

THE BARS, we only used the beach bar which was great, the only choice is vodka, gin, beer and some liqueurs but this was ok for us as we only drank gin and tonic. There is a bar breeze its above the italian restaurant which you have to pay for your drinks we did not see anyone using it, I don't know why it's even open when all the other bars are free drinks! Unlike some all inclusive resorts who stop serving at 12.00 on the last day the Ersan serves drinks and food till guests leave, this was great for us as we had a late flight home.

WATER PARK. Fantastic, we were in it every day. It's the firs holiday we have done with a water park, we will be going to more resorts like this in the future. picture a 20+ stone man flying down a kamikaze water slide and hitting the pool very fast... (sorry for getting the people wet at the bottom)

ALA CARTE RESTAURANTS. We only used the Italian and did not try the others because in all the ala carte restaurants they charge for wine and water. Great service but limited choice in food so we ate in the main restaurant from that day on.

THE POOLS. both are good but even though the infinity pool is supposed to be adult only we saw children using it most days

Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Chris S
Cheltenham
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I have just returned from a weeks stay at Ersan and can honestly say I had a fantastic time.

I went with my boyfriend for a romantic week and the resort didn't fail to deliver. The location is just stunning with open views across a beautiful bay (some of the most amazing sunsets I have seen) and very well kept grounds and gardens. We payed a little more for a superior sea view room which I would seriously recommend doing. Some of the other standard rooms face away from the view and have very small balcony areas which I would have not enjoyed as much at all. The room itself was large and very clean - not luxurious like some 5* hotels I have stayed in but this really didn't bother us as we didn't spend much time in the room!

The gorgeous decking area which runs the length of the resort is lovely and where we spent most of our time- choices of sun and shade and steps down into the clear sea (although very chilly when we were there). There is also an infinity pool which was great and we used a few times for a more gentle swim. The kids areas with loads of slides and massive pools were set away from adult only areas (which was good) and looked well equiped and very clean and tidy.

As it was early in the season only 2 of the a la carte restaurants were open- the Mexican we didn't rate at all but the Italian was great although they will try to rush you through your meal a little so be aware of this. The drinks here you had to pay for but there was a nice selection of wines and not too expensive either! The Breeze Bar above the Italian is well worth a visit too. The staff here was lovely and provided us with snacks and blankets to wrap up in as the night turned a little cooler!

The buffet was pretty good and breakfast was excellent. Loads of choice and pleanty of fresh food for all tastes. Again the buffet closed at 9.30pm and the staff had a tendancy to try and rush you through dinner.

Definatley take the dolmas (local bus) from outside the hotel into Bodrum and exlore the town and restaurants there. We found some great little bars in the back streets and experienced the real Turkey which was a highlight.

Before the holiday and after reading some of the more negative reviews I was a little worried about our choice but I had a really lovely memorable holiday. There was a feeling that the hotel was a good 4* rather than 5* but would suit couples and families alike- well worth a visit!

Room Tip: Definatey pay that bit extra for a superior room- they are set away from the noise of the main build...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank s-e-pCheltenham
Birmingham
Reviewed 29 April 2012

When I read reviews it always makes me smile as they can be sooo different!! I think the reason for that depends on if you want a little Britain with hot weather - I dont!! This is my 5th time in Turkey and definately the best for the money. Great food, disco was a little sad this early in the season and yes you have to pay - but at least later in the season you wont have to travel into town and then pay for a taxi home! The animations team are French as thats the biggest operator but they were very friendly, came round asking us to join in and the Turkish guys in the team were really nice too. Tipping culture is a very big thing and the staff will show you their appreciation in return. Food was fab - the omelette chef in the morning was lovely and Im missing the pancakes already. The rest of the buffet food I found to be excellent and there was lots of choice - when you arrive have a good look before you start to serve yourself as theres food all over and you might miss something!! The a la carte's had been opened early and yes you have to pay for drinks - but you are buying exactly the same that is served for free in the bars and the coffee is out of the same machine so I wouldnt if i went again. Loads of sun beds, infinity pool was gorgeous and we used the spa and gym and it was great.

Room Tip: See Fatyma the thomas cook rep - 11 euros for a turkish bath including travel - its about 30 mins aw...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank kroll66
Northampton
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Was a bit apprehensive before arrival, first time in Bodrum and some reviews did not give 5 stars. However we found this all inclusive holiday to be great, was very clean environment and friendly staff. If you want a great holiday do not hesitate to book this one. 100% recommendation.

Room Tip: Choose the Superior sea view room with balcony
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Surreal432
Ersan R, Guest Relations Manager at Ersan Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments.

It is a pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

Gökçehan CALP
6.1 km away
Parkim Ayaz Hotel
Parkim Ayaz Hotel
#8 of 96 in Bodrum City

Been to Ersan Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK