“IT was a good hotel and the resteranst where verry good.The rooms are also verry good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ersan Resort & Spa

Ersan Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 99 Hotels in Bodrum City
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

We had a good hollyday and this year we are gooing back. We hade a good time there and the hotel is good. And the resteranst is also verry good.My son hase a good time in the hotel and he want to go back.So we go back this sommer.

Room Tip: The rooms whit see side where verry nice and always clean. and the staf are verry nice .
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Ersan R, Guest Relations Manager at Ersan Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear guests,

thank you for your time and sharing comments about our hotel.

It was a pleasure to meet you.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards

Gökçehan CALP
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kharkiv, Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Have just came from Ersan resort, spent a very good time there, liked it very much!!!! service, entertainments and all the rest are on the highest level, can say even one of the best hotels i ever been in Turkey.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Julia N
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments.

It is a pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

Regards

Gökçehan CALP
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I am staying at this hotel at the moment and very disappointed with every aspect except the view. I booked a superior room with a sea view and ended up getting a damp corner annex of another room. We were supposed to have a seating area within the room but there was barely enough room for the bed, which had not been aired in a long time and smelt of damp, the balcony(can I call it that?) was cramped with the two seats that had been squished into it) I asked to be moved and was shown two other rooms, one which was a long walk from the main hotel and as I have a heart condition this was not a good choice the other room was in the main block and yes I could move to a much nicer spacious room, but at an additional cost of 350 euro for five nights!!!!! It is our 25th wedding anniversary and my husband just wanted something a bit special, so relented without fuss. I have to go for surgery when I return home and I guess he was trying his best to smooth the many wrinkles that had emerged from this part of our holiday.

I will write more as time progresses as I am afraid dear reader there is an awful lot to say and not much positive. I have to stay an additional two nights so it will be interesting to see if they will be asking more extortionate prices. But I will not stay and will move, putting my foot down on this one. Unreal that a place like this can get away with plying 5 star status under false pretense. The hotel regulations in Turkey must be very lax.

We stayed in Istanbul first and our hotel and staff were so lovely, the hotel of a very high standard and the staff accommodating and pleasant. I guess we were expecting the same of our stay here.

Untill later update.

Room Tip: make sure when booking if you think you have a seating area in your room double check it. The suite...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blosoom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Ok where do I start with this hotel..... Came back the 16th Aprill 2012 after a one week stay and what a joke the hotel and holiday was.
As we were travelling with kids I done a lot of research before I booked, I just wish I didn't book this terrible hotel.
Ok so we get to Bodrum airport at 4 in the morning only to have no reps or travel transfer people guiding us what or where to go, after 30mins of getting wet as it was chucking down with rain I found our transfer man, but the bus was parked on the other side of the airport and the whole airport was flooded with water outside, so had to carry 2 suitcases as well as my child and run across while raining.
We finally get to the hotel where there was 1 guy checking in around 20 families, again had to queue and wait with kids that were tired. No sign of refreshments or anything, when I asked I was told I had to pay for drinks as it was after restaurant hours, so not 5*. We originally booked 2 superior rooms with sea view, which we paid a lot more for, we were given our rooms which were 2 standard twin rooms and filthy. When I went to complain I was told tough and that I had to speak to my booking agent, I was told this by a manager of the hotel who was just plain right rude and iggnorant, n if I wanted such room I would have to pay extra £140.00 a room which I thought was absolutely disgusting as we had already paid a lot for our holiday. By this time it was 7in the morning and as you can imagine I had enough and just wanted to go to sleep. When waking in the morning I again went and complained but was told the same by another manager who was even ruder, as we're all the reception staff, WHO I PERSONALLY THINK NEED TO GO AND ATTEND A CUSTOMER SERVICES COURSE and a ENGLISH COURSE TO. So then we decided to go have some lunch only to find that no tables were available and finally when tables were available we were told no more food as kitchen was closing. So really not a good 1st day, by this time we were ready to go home. Anyway as time went on it got more and more dreadfully, we never got a cot for our 2 year old and were given twin standard rooms which were filthy to say the least and I have photos to prove which I will be posting up at some point. Ok so I cud go on forever and ever but I won't, as by now u should have an incline of what I'm going on about now. We were charged every nite for my babies milk and there was no facilities for warming up by ourselves and had to rely on staff who really did take the mick!!!!!! Food was the same every night and the other restaurants were all booked by 7 in the morning which was another joke. And if you did get a reservation you had to pay for all your drinks including water, so again not 5*. We were charged to go in the courtesy bus to bodrum town everyday which was £1 per person there and £1 back so when there's 7 of u it's a lot of money over 7days which u don't account for as ur told its free before you go. Also no entertainment for kids at night or for adults really. Wifi was a joke as well, never got connection and if u did it would go of after a minute or 2. I have had a lot of holidays in my time and never ever have had such a bad experience. I've stayed in 3 and 4 star hotels that had a lot more going on and were staff where actually pleased that you stayed with there hotel. This is my 1st ever review on a holiday and really disappointed that it was a joke rather then a holiday. Now we come to the bathroom...... Well what can I say apart from disgusting and filthy again wich I pics of that I will be posting up on here. At the end of the day there's a lot more but I'm actually gettin angry writing this now as we work hard all year for a decent break and what we got in return was not 5* but more like -5*. People on here who said this hotel was good were happy with what they got but I spoke to maybe 30-40 families while there and all comments were same as what I'm saying. So guys please please do your own research before you go as I don't want anyone going through what me and my family did. Rikki

• Stayed April 2012
13 Thank Rikki2410
Dear guest,

first of all thanks for your post, we are soory that you had an unpleasant holiday.

As hotel management we have no obligation to give the service which is not written on our fact sheet.All inclusive concept is between 07:00-00:00.All hotels have a fact sheet.Which contains details about Free - chargeable services and opening - closing hours which has been decided by the management.

It is never given a standart room if the reservation type is for a superior room.Depends on the booking details.

Thanks for your time and post.

Regards
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Having just returned from the Ersan I do not understand those who give it 1 or 2 stars, but neither is it 5.
If you have paid 5-star prices and are expecting 5-star luxury, then you will be disappointed. We paid 3-star prices and got 4-star quality, generally having a lovely week.
The positives:
- a beautiful setting, low-rise buildings on the hillside with lovely, well-maintained grounds
- excellent views over the bay with a small, wooded island opposite and Bodrum peninsular to the west
- lots of decking areas out into the sea with plenty quality sunbeds, we found it easy to find our own space in low season - no dawn laying out of beach towels! (which the hotel provides)
- no huge predominance of one nationality over an other
- most staff friendly & helpful, from the gardners to restaurant staff (but see exception below)
- the waterslides & kids entertainment are very popular but separated from the main pool and beach/decking areas so are easily avoided
- plenty of dolmuses run from just outside the resort gate into central Bodrum from early morning to midnight - easy, safe and cheap
- there is little "enforced" entertainment for the adult guests

Negatives:
- the reception staff are neither helpful nor friendly, bizarre considering their role. If you need help I advise instead you go to one of the at guest relations who are lovely
- we only had a choice of two of the a la carte restaurants, the others being not yet open. The Italian was lovely, but the Mexican absolutely terrible - both quality of food and service
- the only indoor bar in the main building was tiny, dull and poor quality, with limited seating. The main outside bar is much nicer but too cold in the evenings which sends everyone inside

We booked a "superior" room which was quite large, bright with a little balcony and views over the pool area through palm trees to the sea. Nice - but not really superior.

Our expectation from research prior to booking was that we would not be getting 5 star luxury. We did get a lovely relaxing week in peaceful surroundings which was exactly what we wanted. Not sure I would want to be there in high season though.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple