“cozy and beautiful EL Vino”

El Vino Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 97 Hotels in Bodrum City
los angeles
“cozy and beautiful EL Vino”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

It was one of my best experiences.This boutique hotel is very trendy and homey.The pool area is not big but very relaxing and beautiful.Very clean with incredible staff and helpful management Mr.Denise and also Mr.Ahmet .the location is absolutly perfect.Every thing is designed for you relax and enjoy the trip.You can go every were by walk... to the beach,cafes,market…The roof top restaurant has a great view with delicious food.I'm sure I will go to El Vino next year

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
elvinoBodrum, Manager at El Vino Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the nice review. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Kind regards
El Vino Family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Turkish first
West Lothian, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I would just like to comment that El Vino really is one of the best places in the whole world. This is my 3rd visit here with my partner, and the customer service is always fantastic. How on earth this place received a bad review is rather unbelievable. I am from the UK and the weather there, as most people know, is rather depressing! I've been all over the world, but for the ultimate relaxing holiday, Bodrum truly is a gem. What makes a big part of my happy experience there is El Vino. The rooms are lovely and cleanliness is something I always notice when I come here. I wake up to a great selection for breakfast. The chef goes out to market in the early hours of the morning to get fresh ingredients. I love going back to visit the guys! Ahmet, Beckier, Suleymann, Deniz, Chef!! They always cater to our needs. I'm always impressed that Ahmet knows roughly 5 different languages, which makes me feel like the idiot from the UK who only speaks English ;D. The pool is beautiful and they have just added a rooftop pool. The rooftop restaurant has one of the most beautiful views of Bodrum and a lovely menu, ive never been dissapointed. When it comes to leaving, my little heart aches to leave such a wonderful place. It's our home from home! Luckily I am still here and have just under a week to go ;D I have meant to write a review for ages, but that just means it will encourage even more visitors to the El Vino fan club!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EmmaCollins84
Dear Guest,
Thank you for recommending El Vino on Trip Advisor.
It is always a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future again.
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Just excellent boutique Hotel !
Very good location.
You must taste all the wines they offer !
Fantastic dinner on roof top restaurant.
The best swimming pool.
Top service, helpfully stuff, extremely clean, very good management !!!
Greatings from Greece :-)

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Theo1967
Dear Guest,
Thank you for recommending El Vino on Trip Advisor.
It is always a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stayed at El Vino for 10 days at the end of July through to the beginning of August and we were very impressed. The hotel is situated in a residential area of Bodrum and is immersed in tropical style plants, resulting in a secluded, serene and relaxing enviornment. Suite 306 is very well decorated and overlooks the main pool area. It also has a lovely panoramic view across Bodrum. The buffet breakfast was a welcome sight each morning and there are some interesting paintings in the breakfast room. The outdoor restaurant used for dinner in the evening is located at one of the highest places in the hotel and has stunning view of Bodrum and the sea. El Vino is a good 10 minute walk from the bustling seafront with its shops and restaurants. The staff were very attentive and friendly and did their best to make sure our stay was very enjoyable. The only negative feedback we have is the main swimming pool and surrounding area is not particularly big and it doesn't help having beach toys in the pool, encouraging people to play beach games in the pool and subsequently splashing everyone, books, ipads, kindles etc(there is little room to manouvre the sun loungers away from the pool). There is a smaller terrace pool which is shallower and more suited to children, perhaps the toys could be placed there. I am a firm believer that beach games and toys should be used at the beach and not in a confined pool. Because of this our overall rating of 5 has been reduced to 4.

Room Tip: Suite 306 is on the third level, spaceous and brightly decorated with great views. It does involve...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your encouraging feedback. We are happy to read that you've enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again.

Warm regards

New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We left this place feeling very ripped off. First, the small room was $200 a night. Two twin beds were combined to make a King bed but this was done by placing a huge rolled up towel in the middle that made a big HARD lump.(Very bad!) I contacted ahead & specifically said that our young child would sleep in bed with us so no extra bed was necessary. When we checked in there was a cot set up in the room. The room was already very small and this took up the little space buy the bed (Very bad!). In the evening we called reception and asked for an extra pillow for our child but the guy spoke little English and did not know what pillow meant so we never got one (Very bad!). He just kept repeating, "Pi lo, Pi lo". I explained that this is what you put your head on when you sleep but he did not get it. I wanted to find the word in Turkish on-line but the wi-fi did not work in our room at all during our stay. The wi-fi only worked well in the open area by the pool (Very bad!). When we checked in were excited to see that they had laundry service by the bag. We had been traveling around the country by car and needed to wash almost everything. It was about $12 for 20lbs of cloths. We filled a large bag and called housekeeping. They came to the room immediately and took the closes. a few minutes later a woman called & asked if we wanted the items ironed when they came out of the dryer. I was so impressed by what seemed like fast & efficient service. That night we were still in our swimsuits & could not get dressed to go to dinner because our clothes never came back. I called and a guy told me he would call me back in 2 minutes (that did not happen). After 20 minutes I called him again & he said that we would get our clothes the next day. I explained that they had almost all of our clothes. After lots of back & forth our clothes were delivered but I think that they just threw them in a hot dryer to make them hot and folded them. The clothes did not look washed and had the same stains. One of my pants had a rip. When we checked out in the morning I told the woman at reception but she looked like she just wanted me to shut up since she had 2 seperate people checking in. She charged my credit card for the laundry service and had no apologies (Very bad!). The breakfast had a horrible selection and the employees looked like they don't want to be there (Very bad!).
The only positive thing at the hotel was a nice pool area but there are people that just park themselves there all day and save the cabanas with tote bags and towels,even though I saw no one in them for all the hours we were at the pool (Very bad). The hotel website shows great view but most of the rooms and the pool just look at the walls, trees or plants.
I am surprised by all the positive reviews. I have traveled the world for over 25 years and my standards are high but this place didn't even meet minimum standards. We want our money back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3.2 km away
Parkim Ayaz Hotel
Parkim Ayaz Hotel
#7 of 97 in Bodrum City

Been to El Vino Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK