“Cooking Filipino with Fun”
Review of CookFilipino

Reviewed 4 March 2013

I attended the cooking class with Karin through Alfredo's Steak House in the Philippines. IT WAS AMAZING! Not only did I learn how to make authentic Filipino food (which is much easier than I thought it would be), but she gave us TONS of great information on Manila as well. She is a wealth of knowledge and loves to share. Luckily, she's a great cook too! We learned a soup, appetizer, main dish, and two desserts. It was extremely hands on, where Karin just walked us through the steps. She showed us the traditional way and the "short cut" method for the soup, which is great for people like me who don't want to do everything from scratch. Karin also tweaks menus to fit dietary restrictions, etc. She really does want everyone to have a good time and learn.

After our cooking lesson, we sat down to an enjoyable meal with our host and continued learning lots of Filipino culture. This was a fun-filled and informative night that I would do again!

Reviewed 5 March 2012

We always try to do a cooking class when visiting a foreign country. I found Cook Filipino by doing a general internet search (rather than from a guide book or travel agent recommendation), and so I was somewhat skeptical. However, the experience turned out to be excellent and I would highly recommend the class.

Booking was easy, with payment made through PayPal. We arrived at Alfredo's Steaks (where the class is currently held) a bit early and were served a drink while we waited. We were soon ushered into the room which was set up for the class. After an introduction to typical Philippino ingredients, we spent the next couple of hours cooking a total of four dishes which we then enjoyed for dinner.

2  Thank neildean
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I love to cook, and through friends was already somewhat familiar with Filipino food, so I really wanted to expand my skills and get some "legit" cooking tips and recipes.

I found Cook Filipino online and was so excited! Booking was a breeze. Karen and her staff are friendly, fun to work with, professional and above all, good cooks.

The recipes you can choose from are all delicious. We learned four dishes - two appetizers/snacks, one main entree and a dessert. They are very flexible of you want to learn a dish offered from one of the other pre-set options. Everything was very hands on, with lots of explanation on the ingredients and cultural information as well. The best part is the end of course, where you get to eat everything! It's SO delicious! It's a wonderful way to spend a few hours and gives some great insight into Filipino food and their culture. Extra bonus points to Karen for being helpful with tips for sightseeing as well! I recommend this to any one who is going to Manila. You don't have to be a "foodie" to get a rich experience from this. I took tons of photos from my lesson, you can check them out on their Facebook page!

4  Thank Jennifer K