All reviews bus service mini refrigerator the ground floor safety box hot water no window rizal park robinsons mall aussie pilar airport hail jeepney amenities television nightlife asia
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Southern Cross Hotel is located two blocks from the US Embassy, if u looking to do some of type business. Center and heart of night lifeclubs heart of bar scenes also. Walking distance to the Robinson mall and nearby restaurants. Motel is affordable. Theres a shuttle bus that would take to you Angeles City around 3:30PM those are the benifits of staying there. Eleveator is not working, it's under repair though. The place is clean but you might see some pests running around. They have room service. Thye also have a restaurant bar onsite. Very nice staff. A+ staff. very friendly. rooms are fairly dated. no sprinkler system coz its an older hotel. and some guest will smoke in the rooms. optional short stay hotel. I would stay there again though

Room tip: if you want to go Angeles city, this is a good hotel to stay.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Rhoan R
Reviewed 14 February 2017

I recently had an overnight stay at Southern Cross Hotel on my way from Subic Bay to Bangkok ... the elevator has been refurbished and is now working ... the air con and fan worked, the room was clean and bed linen ok, there was a bar fridge and electric jug, the staff are still friendly and helpfull

Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank mikemV3470VD
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Great news frequent aussie guests to the SOUTHERN CROSS HOTEL MANILA,and all other guests as well the new lift/elevator has just being finished and is now operational.
No more lugging my heavy luggage up to the newly refurbished 4th and 5th floors my favourite rooms.
No problems now having those extra cold beers in the friendly bar downstairs as well as experiencing a good Australian Menu in their restaraunt.
Enjoy the live music 3 times a week or play pool at the EXPATS TOURAMENT every wednesday.
Be like me and enjoy their friendly philippino hospitality next time you are in Manila.

Room tip: 5th floor is refurbished and now the lift is working its great
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank William4455
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

Southern cross hotel is a budget hotel in ermita, manila. I stayed there for 10 days
The room was clean, the staff very helpful and polite. Food was available in the bar downstairs, live music at least twice a week. The elevator was being fixed when I was there, the engineer told me it would be ready to use very soon. I enjoyed my stay at southern cross and I will definitely stay there again on my next visit to manila.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank John D
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

First of all this hotel was very cheap. The bar area downstairs was smoke filled - stifling to the point of choking us in the reception area. Although this hotel has an elevator it did not work the entire time we were there and frankly I was afraid to use it.
Once we got to our room the door was shabby - it did not have a door knob just a handle like one would use on a homemade building with a deadbolt type lock and a chain lock for security.
The bedding offered was just two sheets that looked like it was beyond its wear and the sheets themselves looked like they had patch work done to them and what might of been white stains on them. The floors looked like dirty green title and the bathroom was the same with the shower clogged and what looked like some elementary cocking - it really looked like used chewing gum was used for the patch work. The shower also would not drain properly and when we asked the housekeeping to unclog it we got a response of of it drained. We had to deal with this the entire time we were here. And to top it off we found roach traps and a dead roach behind the door so at least the traps are working I guess...
Lastly and just based on observation I honestly think the downstairs bar area may have been a "buy me a drink" bar. Not what I wanted to walk into - over all experience atrocious. Unfortunately I forgot to take picture :-/

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple