All reviews bus service mini refrigerator the ground floor safety box hot water no window rizal park robinsons mall aussie pilar airport hail jeepney amenities television nightlife asia
Reviewed 14 February 2017

I recently had an overnight stay at Southern Cross Hotel on my way from Subic Bay to Bangkok ... the elevator has been refurbished and is now working ... the air con and fan worked, the room was clean and bed linen ok, there was a bar fridge and electric jug, the staff are still friendly and helpfull

4  Thank mikemV3470VD
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Great news frequent aussie guests to the SOUTHERN CROSS HOTEL MANILA,and all other guests as well the new lift/elevator has just being finished and is now operational.
No more lugging my heavy luggage up to the newly refurbished 4th and 5th floors my favourite rooms.
No problems now having those extra cold beers in the friendly bar downstairs as well as experiencing a good Australian Menu in their restaraunt.
Enjoy the live music 3 times a week or play pool at the EXPATS TOURAMENT every wednesday.
Be like me and enjoy their friendly philippino hospitality next time you are in Manila.

Room tip: 5th floor is refurbished and now the lift is working its great
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank William4455
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

Southern cross hotel is a budget hotel in ermita, manila. I stayed there for 10 days
The room was clean, the staff very helpful and polite. Food was available in the bar downstairs, live music at least twice a week. The elevator was being fixed when I was there, the engineer told me it would be ready to use very soon. I enjoyed my stay at southern cross and I will definitely stay there again on my next visit to manila.

2  Thank John D
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

First of all this hotel was very cheap. The bar area downstairs was smoke filled - stifling to the point of choking us in the reception area. Although this hotel has an elevator it did not work the entire time we were there and frankly I was afraid to use it.
Once we got to our room the door was shabby - it did not have a door knob just a handle like one would use on a homemade building with a deadbolt type lock and a chain lock for security.
The bedding offered was just two sheets that looked like it was beyond its wear and the sheets themselves looked like they had patch work done to them and what might of been white stains on them. The floors looked like dirty green title and the bathroom was the same with the shower clogged and what looked like some elementary cocking - it really looked like used chewing gum was used for the patch work. The shower also would not drain properly and when we asked the housekeeping to unclog it we got a response of of it drained. We had to deal with this the entire time we were here. And to top it off we found roach traps and a dead roach behind the door so at least the traps are working I guess...
Lastly and just based on observation I honestly think the downstairs bar area may have been a "buy me a drink" bar. Not what I wanted to walk into - over all experience atrocious. Unfortunately I forgot to take picture :-/

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

the Southern Cross has seen better days however the staff are very friendly and helpful, they have a restaurant/bar downstairs and they operate a shuttle bus to Angeles City and Subic Bay ... my room was ok, the air-con and fan worked, the water was hot, the bed was firm, the linen was ok and housekeeping made up my room each day ... please be aware the lift is still out of order at the end of September 2016 so if you have mobility difficulties you may want to consider alternative accommodation ... the daily hotel rates are at the higher end of the moderate scale given the condition and location of the hotel ... the hotel is guest friendly (with guest's ID) and suitable for an overnight stay to catch the shuttle bus to Angeles or Subic ... management please post an update when the lift is working

Date of stay: September 2016