“Clean, basic but overpriced”

and 1 more site!
G Hotel Manila by Waterfront
Ranked #57 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 16 February 2012

essentially, "things were clean" is about the best thing I can say. If I had paid $50-60, then I would have been very happy and probably return, but at $100+ a night it's simply not worth it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for G Hotel Manila by Waterfront

Reviewed 1 February 2012

I am disappointed. 24h construction noise
Nice lobby design is quickly to be disappointed when you see 25 year old elevators and corridors where paint was dripping down during the "boutique" renovation"
Rooms: nowhere near anything boutique!
Bathrooms: standards of a local 2 star hotel
Breakfast: little choice and a coffee that does not deserve the name
Problem: NOISE from a 24h construction site next door!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Walter_Beijing
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Hotel G has some cache in Beijing, where I live, so I thought I'd try its cousin in Manila Stylish black & white lobby, but the rest was not what I expected. The rooms are small and basic, with cheap wooden floors and Swedish youth hostel-like furniture. My "view", on the "water" side, actually looked out on a nearby tall building. If you went out on the balcony and leaned out, you could catch a glimpse of water. There was little sound insulation from the traffic and construction noise outside. The room actually vibrated from construction that was going on nearby. My TV, which looked vintage 1995, had no remote. My room was $110/night, and for what it was, should have been half that. And it still would have been noisy. I'd rate it poor for this price bracket, average in general.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank mkmBeijing
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed at the G Hotel on the recommondation from my brother who had stayed at this hotel earlier on in the year and thought it was great. This was by far the worst thing I could have done. I was travelling with my parents and with the price of the rooms, we thought the three of us would share the one room to save on costs. I saw the option of a twin room, (thinking two twin beds) also with the option of more than two people to a room, so I booked three adults for one room.

When we arrived and were shown to our room, we quickley noticed that the room only had two SINGLE beds in it, for three adults. We mentioned this striaght away and I was told "Well you only booked for two adults". I had the printed version that stated THREE adults which I showed and he said "Oh I will bring a bed and put it in the middle of the two single beds". I was very confused as there was not enough room to add a third bed and what type of bed would this be. They then tried to move us to a room with a King bed and add a fold up childs bed next to the bed and the window, again with no room either side of the bed. I am an adult and was dugusted by this. I proceeded to the reception to ask about another room as this was the only solution to me sleeping in an adult sized bed. The price then was going to be more than what the website offers as over the counter rooms are more expensive than their website prices, no idea how this works when it's their own website. I argued and argued and found the staff not helpful, until I said I wanted the manager, which they then tried to tell me that this large hotel does not have a manager on duty. I surely did not believe that rubbish, when I said I refused to leave until the manager appeared they got back on the phone and then said I could have the same rate as the other room booked online, mind you this was about 1.5 hours after original check in.

So I had no other choice but book myself another room that cost me more than double of every other amazing place I stayed at in the Philippines. They then moved me to a smoking room, which I had originally booked a non smoking room, so again they had to move me. They put me in a room with two single beds, the young gentleman who took me to my room was very lovely, he offered to move the beds together for me, by this time I was totally over the whole thing and just wanted to settle so I declined that nice offer. We actually missed our half day tour that was booked due to this taking so long, which I made them aware of. The same nice gentleman knocked on my door 5 mins later to inform me that they would give me a free upgrade to a suite. The suite was beautiful, large lounge room, big bedroom and over looking the bay. This was lovely, the room service food was beautiful. BUT the bed had broken springs and there was no hot water in the shower at all. Also the security and taxi service is not safe like other places. The staff are not helpful with things to do or places to go. No cabs no where it is, so make sure you take a business card with you when you leave. It was very clean though, but house keeping did not make my bed which I found very odd, they cleaned the bathroom and gave new towels but did not make the bed, ODD.

The breakfast that is included, again the worst I had. The hash browns and bacon were icy cold, when I asked the staff if it was meant to be cold she answered with Yes, so I just ate toast, if you put the toast through at least three times it came out toasted. My brother said when he stayed the breakfast was great and lots of it, I think things had changed a lot.

I would not recommend staying here. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mshelzy007
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Stayed here for 8 days and despite a few small issues with the room (aircon was a bit temperamental) the staff were super helpful and made my stay a real pleasure. Hotel design is really nice and deco is very stylish. Pool is small and no place to sunbathe. My room had a balcony but was slightly noisy as the hotel is located on a busy road.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business