“Great Hotel with Great Service!”
Review of Pan Pacific Manila

Pan Pacific Manila
Ranked #1 of 108 Hotels in Manila
San Juan, PR
“Great Hotel with Great Service!”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Just returned from my trip to Manila [and just in time given the recent typhoon rains that have struck the Philippines/Manila!!]. I stayed at the Pan Pacific for 4 nights and the overall quality of the hotel, my room and service was excellent!! My room (and bathroom) was very spacious, clean and with breathtaking views of Manilla bay! I definetly plan stay there again on my return trip to Manilla just as soon as it stop raining!!

Room Tip: High floor with view of Manila Bay!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank aml003
MEnrile, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, 29 August 2012

Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your great comments. We are really glad to hear that we were able to create a memorable experience for you during your stay. Our team is truly happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and find the quality of service to be excellent. We are also delighted to hear that you find the view from your room breathtaking; Manila Bay is really such a sight to behold. Again, many thanks for your comments and rest assured I will share them with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team.

We look forward to welcome you back soon to your home and family in Manila.

Warm regards,
Maynard
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My family and I stayed for a night at Pan Pacific when I went back to the Philippines for a short vacation. And in my opinion, I would say that it is, by far, the best hotel I've been at in Manila. Our room is spacious, clean, complete, and well-organized. Just as what you'll expect from a hotel.

We were warmly welcomed by Ms Hilda, if I remember correctly, and her associates. Complimentary drinks were provided. The wait wasn't that long, as the room was already prepared when we (late) checked-in at around 4PM. I wasn't even able to take a sip of my drink! But it was brought up to our room. So, props for it as well.

They recognized my birthday that time. Being a GHA discovery member, they have some of my personal details. I was warmly greeted and treated with a surprise birthday cake, fruit basket, and a birthday song when they sent us to our room. This, I would say, is the best hotel service I have received anywhere, not only in Manila, but also in other countries I've been at. My first VIP treatment, I would say.

Breakfast was sumptuous. Typical western food is present, and few Filipino dishes. What differs is that they have some Japanese Makis and Sushi Rolls served. They are following a dress-code though. I wasn't prepared for it, but I didn't mind.

Few more minor yet very note-worthy points:
1. Check-In and Check-out counters are separated. So we were immediately accommodated during check-out.
2. Hotel is very much secured.
3. It's a few minutes away from a shopping mall - Robinsons Manila, and from the LRT station. Though you will still have to ride a trike or jeepney. Unless you're willing to walk.
4. There's a nearby 24-hours convenience store.

On the other hand, I think that they would need to improve their pool area. I think it's quite small for a a hotel such as this. Other than this, I'm very much satisfied with our short stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank papiwasthere
MEnrile, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, 10 August 2012

Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments. We are extremely happy to hear that we were able to create a memorable experience for you during your stay. Our team truly appreciates that you enjoyed our little birthday present. We are also glad to know that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and other facilities. Again, many thanks for your comments and rest assured, we will be guided to review other improvement opportunities. I will share your comments with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team.

We look forward to welcome you back soon to your home and family in Manila.

Best regards,
Kalix, Sweden
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I am my son (9 yearls old) really like this hotel. We have stayed here 3 times before.
This time we tried the huge Pacific King room - with some seaview. My son liked to relax in the bathtab and look out through the window. Very big bathroom!
Free Internet and local telephone calls! The swimming pool is nice, not the biggest - with good service: towel and mineral water. Not many hotels give you mineral water, but that can be useful when it's getting hot in the sunshine! I really like that there are some rules here: You have to take a shower before swimming. (Not like Diamond hotel). We liked the breakfast buffet, up on the topfloor with nice view. That was something to look forward every morning!
We had a perfect stay and look forward to come back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank MaxLikesToTravel

Mabuhay!

Thank you for sharing kind words about your recent visit at Pan Pacific Manila. It is great to hear that you and your son had a perfect stay. Our entire team appreciates that you enjoyed our facilities, newly renovated rooms, and the spectacular view on the 21st floor Pacific Lounge. I will share your comments with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team.

We look forward to welcome you back soon here at your new home in Manila.

Yours truly,
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 August 2012

my family and I stayed two nights here and really enjoyed it. The service was flawless, the hotel room a very good standard and the breakfast was delicious. We will definitely stay there again if we travel to Manila. Very good value for money for a five star hotel and an excellent location, only 5 minutes walk to the shopping mall.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank leebri

Mabuhay!

Many thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with our hotel. We are extremely glad to hear that we were able to create a wonderful experience for your family, and we hope to exceed that when you return. I will share your comments with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team; they will truly appreciate it.

We look forward to welcome your family back on your nest visit. Keep in mind that you will always have a home here in Manila.

Yours truly,
Gold Coast Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I had the fortunate opportunity to stay at Pan Pacific last month for two short stays..
I have stayed some time ago.. & was delighted to return to enjoy the fine & caring hospitality shown by the hosts..
The pacific suite spaciousness & ambience is well validated to complement the solid hard product of the hotel. Yes, it is not a new hotel, though exceptionally well build & maintained to perfection.
Understandably, being a city hotel it doesn't have a large pool & resort facilities.. though the wonderful dining opportunities & service compensate for this.
The Pacific Lounge & restaurant provides one of the best variety of breakfast buffets in MNL, with a divine view to match..
The evening happy hour in this lounge also provides guests with lovely 'wind down" drinks & canapes with a pleasant sunset & evening view over the city.
I truly appreciated & adored the local experience of learning to cook adobo & then pleasantly admiring my culinary masterpiece with the staff.
Any request within the hotel, went with a positive 'can do" attitude & without over utilising the butler service, was impressed with the offering.
Though, I also agree, the hotel is located in my opinion, certainly an unsavoury & unfavourable area of Manila - & I have also been affected by the - at times harassment on the streets of Malate.
Rather, to stay on topic.. I truly recommend the Pan Pacific.
I offer a special thanks to the wonderful staff, notably Mark & Vince as the finest chefs, Erwin, Vic in the restaurant & Say & Joanna as GRO.. & all the others, I forgot. Especially to GM Richard, whom friendliness & genuine interest in guests remains a highlight other hotels should replicate. You all made my stay a wonderful experience & lovely memories of my time in Pan Pacific.. I look forward to my return soon..

Room Tip: Room with Manila bay view - most favourable
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AussieScott70

Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Pan Pacific Manila. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our facilities, our newly renovated rooms, and the friendliness of our Butlers. The “Absolute Adobo” experience is something we are proud to share with our guests, and we are extremely glad to hear that you enjoyed it as well. We truly appreciate your recognition and are delighted to have created a memorable experience for you. I will share your comments and appreciation with the rest of the team.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back here at your home in Manila.

Warmest regards,