Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
US$ 48
US$ 125
US$ 108
Agoda.com
The Oasis Paco Park Hotel(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$ 36
US$ 27
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$ 148
US$ 133
Travelocity
Casa Bocobo Hotel(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$ 54
US$ 44
  • Breakfast included
Ramada Manila Central(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$ 88
US$ 80
Hotel H2O(Manila)
US$ 117
TravelBook.ph
City Garden Suites(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$ 68
Cancelon
5,196 results
All reviewsspiral restaurantle barclub millesimeluxury roomsunset barsports barpool areaclub roomthe executive loungefree shuttledinner buffetbay viewfive star hotelupon checkaccormagnifiquesnaps
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Was looking for last minute deals online for a one night stay over the Holy Week break and was delighted to get a good rate after calling the hotel and making a reservation directly.

Got to the lobby in time for the 2pm check in and it was packed for the busy holiday. Waited about 15 minutes in line, didn't feel too long and felt that they tried to make the process efficient. Got the requested type of room that's facing a portion of the bay and their pool.

The room was average, good size, with most of the wooden furniture and fixtures showing scratches and age, and felt a little cheap Had a good balcony that overlooks the view. The lock to the balcony sliding glass was somehow integrated to the airconditioning, such as that the aircon would turn off if the doors weren't locked. Smart, but the lock itself was sometimes annoying when it wouldn't latch right away.

Bed was comfortable with clean sheets, but the pillows were too soft and worn, caused me to have a stiff neck the next day! We were happy they were able to provide a crib later in the evening as it became available after we had requested.

Bath had good toiletries, average shower and didn't have a bidet. Worn hot/cold labels. What happened to paying attention to details?

Sofitel always had the better outdoor amenities, but we skipped the pool because of the busy crowd.

We decided to have food delivered from a local pizza chain because the hotel and restos were a little too busy that night, so we figured the food and room service may take a while if we ordered from the hotel. Spiral's dinner buffet rate was at PHP 3,200 that night, a little too steep. The pizza delivery guy sent me a text asking me to pick up the pizza at the south parking entrance. I gave him a call, and he passed it on to the guard on duty who explained that food deliveries may only be picked up there and was directing me to their front office in a "see if you can do anything about it" tone if I wanted my food delivered to my room, OR within the hotel lobby driveway, or even just inside the guest entrance of the south parking. Decided it was pointless to speak anyone else about the matter and proceeded at the road entrance of the south parking, mind you, the area where you get your parking ticket, a few hundred meters away from the guest dropoff area. I'm glad the rain just stopped by the time I started walking. Saw a few other guests who also picked up some food deliveries there.

Yeah, I get it, the hotel doesn't want it's prestige feel to be ruined by delivery boys bustling around the hotel or being security concerns. But hey, we're guests who came to stay here for comfort, not to walk out the parking area in the middle of the evening for my food delivery. The next best thing they could have done with this is have guests pick up deliveries somewhere around the lobby entrance or the parking guest entrance. What if I was a senior citizen guest?

As expected, Spiral's breakfast buffet was delightful although was a little dissapointed with the little selection of hams over at the cold cuts and cheese section. Waitresses also accommodated our request to be re-seated somewhere else (was initially given a seat around the Chinese cuisine section which was too busy). Lunch and dinner buffets are still better in terms of selection, obviously.

Service was fine, but nothing spectacular.

Overall, the only things still keeping this hotel alive is Spiral, the outdoor pool amenities, and the bay view rooms that makes the hotel feel you're out of town. Still one of the classic places around in Manila, but the newer hotels around the area may also worth considering, especially with the price points and the age of the hotel.

Room Tip: Bay View facing the pool area, higher floor
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Disso
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Disso,

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you for sharing with us your personal and detailed feedback about your recent stay here in Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila. We regret to know that the hotel policy regarding the food deliveries have caused you inconvenience as our top priority is our guests' safety.

On a lighter note, we are delighted to hear that you were able to have a sumptuous lunch and dinner experience at the Spiral Buffet and enjoyed the picturesque view of the Manila bay from the balcony of your comfortable and spacious room.

We hope to have another opportunity to show you what the Sofitel brand is really known for and we hope that you would be able to experience the lagoon-shaped pool that refreshes every guest especially this summer season.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I tried to book a room for a 1 night stay and ask a simple question but instead of a simple answer I was directed to reservations five times!!! I had to listen to the same introduction and answered the same questions for 5x! and was going to be transferred again for the 6th time to another person when I decided to just hang up! The reservations service sucks! big time!!!!

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank Msdee D

Dear Msdee D,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my call. I understand where you are coming from and we do look forward to welcome you back again.

Please do contact me if there is anything we can assist you with.

Regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Original plan is for a 1 Night stay. We choose to Stay 1 extra night due to bad weather. Staff are very friendly & accomodating. Many options for Breakfast. Fish in BBQ stick at the LobbyLounge is Great! Amazing Christmas Decor at the Lobby & Booth

Stayed: December 2017

Dear mytravelwithtina2015,

Bonjour Mabuhay!

We are glad that you enjoyed your short but wonderful stay here in Sofitel Manila. With the 21 dining atelier of Spiral Buffet, you will surely have a taste of each cuisine from all around the world.

Your feedback will surely reach all of our ambassadors to keep everyone motivated in giving the quality service that the Sofitel brand is known for.

We are excited to see you again anytime soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed for a week and had a great time. The people working at the hotel are extremely friendly, the lagoon pool is really nice, and the Spiral restaurant is one of the best i've ever eaten at (the buffet was amazing). I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear kennethf296,

Bonjour Mabuhay!

We truly appreciate your kind words regarding your recent visit here in Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila. It is our delight to meet, if not exceeded, your expectations.

We take pride in the quality of our products and services as it truly represent luxury.

Thank you for your patronage and we are very much excited to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I really enjoyed the stay at Sofitel. I choose to take an excellent upgrade to the Millesime floor (10th) including breakfast. As people wrote the breakfast area is huge, fresh cooked with different areas. For me the highlight was the cheese room...what a wonderful moment to enjoy fanstatic French cheese (Epoisse) after a long Asain.
The only minus point was that I got a table in the middle and i could not find any place where it would have a little bit quiter to enjoy the food.
Pool area is fantastic but the area around the hotel more business than anything else.
I like the Club Millesime especially the Chardonnay wine and snacks they offered but also for a quick beer.
I enjoyed a professional massage, which nothing special but still good and with reasonable pricing.
A special compliment goes to "KIM" from Business Center; she was a great supporter to get my flight tickets confirmed after airline changes. She acted highly professional, was helpful and very friendly. Great employee. Will come again

Room Tip: the higher level, the better the view and less traffic noise
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Marcel_C_ZH,

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila. It is with joy to read that you had a wonderful dining experience in our very own Spiral buffet, which offers a wide range sumptuous food selection and recipes are prepared masterfully right before of your eyes.

Indeed, Club Millesime offers a luxurious guest service and amenities that go beyond expectation. Complimentary a la carte breakfast, afternoon snacks, plus cocktails and weekly wine tastings, are just some of the benefits you can experience. Our deepest appreciation for mentioning the excellent service provided by our ambassador Kim. Your warm compliments will surely be shared to them.

It is our pleasure to serve you again here at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila.