“More than what I expected” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila

Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
Ranked #3 of 109 Hotels in Manila
London, United Kingdom
“More than what I expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

Ok, though I stayed for a night, I can safely say that I have experienced how it is to check in to this hotel. For an old hotel, the room doesn't look it. They have totally overhauled everything, except the door to the mini ref. The toilet is spanking new, minus a bath tub. The toiletries are L'Occitane. The bed is good and overall, the room is well kept. It's just that the channel variety on TV is very limited. I must say I was impressed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, 6 August 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Bonjour Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

We would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience in our hotel.

We were very pleased to read that you appreciate our guest room facilities and the luxurious amenities that we have in our guest rooms. Each day, we do strive to provide a remarkable experience for our guests.

We look forward to welcome you again Sofitel Philippine Plaza. Meanwhile, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Director of Quality
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (784)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sunrise, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

I stood there for 2 weeks in December 2010 and it was one of the great Hotels. Excellent Service, great rooms, food buffet was awesome, in room service food was great. Not a bad thing i can say about this Property. Highly Recommended!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Bonjour Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza!

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. We truly appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with us, and we are delighted that our services have pleased you. Each day, we do strive to provide a memorable experience for our guests.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in Sofitel Philippine Plaza. Meanwhile, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

Eversince I brought my son to Sofitel last year, he wouldnt stop raving about, of course, first the Slide in the pool. He's been asking me again when are we going back, and I really plan to take him and my nephew and Mom back this October in time for their semestral break. I've always loved Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila. I cant forget the many times a staff was very courteous. RaLph from Spiral is the best! Im so particular with how a staff anticipates my every need, and he does it, perfectly! Also Zaldy from Spiral too. Yesterday, I went to lunch with my friend and we were entertained by a management trainee. His name is Tonguy...but pronounced Tongay. he is a 22 year old french young man who is very courteous and so attentive. he even suggested to us a good white wine which we liked. The Service attendants and the receptionists and the chefs too are very courteous. Also the Duty Manager, Darwin and Dhea from front office are very accomodating they make us really special, and because of this....my friend and I availed of the Accor membership. We are looking forward to the reopening of Spiral, and of course our vacation this coming October. You guys gotta stay in Softiel Philippine Plaza Manila. The Sofitel Experience is just Tres Magnifique!

Room Tip: look for the DUty Manager Darwin. he'll help you get a good one!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Bonjour Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza!

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at Sofitel. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we are delighted that our services have pleased you. Each day, we do strive to provide only the finest experiences for our guests.

We are proud to share your sentiments with the rest of team, as this will inspire them to delight even more guests in future. Rest assured that the Ambassadors which you mentioned will be receiving a personal commendation from our Area General Manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

My kids loved the lobby and Le Bar. They can't wait to go back to sofitel. They also love your song that I had to ask my husband to download it from the internet and have the music video in his cellphone so that everytime the kids will ask for the song, we have it ready for them.

The pool are is sooooo nice that my hubby was able to doze off while I and the kids are swimming. Will surely go back and try the gym since we weren't able to use it during our stay. But it's so wonderful also that you have gymboree there. My kids are gymboree members and they love gymboree. BTW, I also love your pastires which are very affordable, too!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pgpinga
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
August 03, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Sofitel. We are so pleased that you had a wonderful stay, and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Josephine Abel-Arvesu