“Mangoes can a Man-go crazy”
Review of Mary Grace

Mary Grace
Ranked #2 of 16 Dessert in Manila
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2017

By the grace of God, these are the moments that we live for.

These are the moments that transform a great trip into a magical, wonderful, better-than-swimming-in-a-pool-of-nutella vacation.

Behold, the great Mango Bene!

Excuse the exaggeration but really, this has got to be the golden desserts that has already made my holiday here in the Philippines a stand out!

Cafe Mary Grace is ridiculous. It's homey, it's Hobbit-ish, corky, colourful. You just wanna stay here and sip on hot chilli flavoured chocolate all day!

Service:
Impeccable. Very friendly.

Food:
Perhaps we need to call the police because the desserts are too sinfully delicious, it's a crime.

It's a crime to lure my family into ordering Sansrival, Mango Bene, Ensaymada, Cheese Rolls and a Vanilla cake!

If you do wanna try the Ensaymada, try it out first. I recommend grilling it, best served hot as it melts the cheese.

Then I recommend the sansrival, very dense, decadent, almost nougat-ish.

Finally, save the best for last, order one whole slice of Mango Bene!

Be careful! Others might try to steal and ask (force) you to share it with them!

I believe what makes it amazing is the fact that it's semi-frozen, so the mango and whipped cream almost melts in your mouth like ice cream.

Finally to down the crazy icy sweetness, have some warm comforting hot chocolate.

I personally love cinnamon or chilli infused hot chocolate <3

Thank you so much Mary Grace. I'll surely becoming back for more!

Oh and last one, for savoury dishes, I recommend the Beef Tapa! Simple yet delicious. Enough said.

1  Thank CitizenJournalAzim

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Visited with my girlfriend and placed the order. Received just 1 drink they forgot about the other and received 1 main course forgot the other! Had Cesars Salad and salmon pasta both not very exciting flavours. And they say they have wifi but neither of us could use it. Recommendations .... go somewhere else!

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

It was a delightful time for coffee, juice, cakes and ensaimadas. The bread pudding was really great with coffee. The warm ensaimada was delicious so we took home some .

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

My wife and I can't wait until we return to the Philippines so we can eat at a Mary Grace. They have the best cream of mushroom soup I've ever tasted.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We arrived into NAIA airport in Manila and we needed a quick lunch before heading to our Airbnb. Passing through Serendra at BGC, Mary Grace was the perfect cafe / bakery famous for their cheesy ensaymada! They have something for everyone's appetite and every dish is prepared and presented as if you were dining in a more upscale white table cloth restaurant! We had sandwiches, pasta, cakes and salads or just stopped by for coffee and pastries! Everyone knows Mary Grace and so it became our meeting place as we shopped at BGC often! Service is tops - they inform you or every moment from when you are expecting your meal to the bill details! You leave feeling that you were well taken care of! It's a lasting feeling that makes you return !
What's great it that they stay open until 11:00 on Saturdays!!!