All reviews swimming pool lrt station donut shop lounge singer casino hotel direct access quiapo church small window premium room star hotel clean rooms check in was quick comfort room affordable hotel two thumbs pleasant stay breakfast buffet
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A hotel that with friendly staff, relax environment, affordable but decent. Buffet breakfast. Comfortable bed. Clean rooms. Hot and cold shower. Lighting can be adjusted to your liking. Mini ref- if you plan to stay for a while and stock some drinks and snacks. Mineral water is free. I requested for like 6 bottles a day, no extra charge. They have an indoor pool. A casino in the building. Strong wifi and cable TV. Enjoy!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Manila G, Manager at Manila Grand Opera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Sir/Madam, we are truly grateful for your very nice review on our Hotel. We are glad to know you were happy with the Hotel's facilities and services. If there's anything you think we could improve on, please feel free to let us know so we could make things much better for you and our other guests. Again, thank you and best regards.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed overnight for a friend's wedding. Booked for 2 connecting rooms since we have 2 small kids, our nanny and a senior citizen sister. The rooms are great. it's roomy where my kids have plenty of space to play, the food we ordered are yummy esp the seafood rice, all the staff are friendly,respectful and provides superb service. My kids enjoyed the fluffy and soft bed and the pool. Even the buffet breakfast is great since there are many food choices, different juices, pancakes, pizza loaded with ham and cheese! Location is great near all transport, very near Divisoria and Quiapo. Definitely we will go back again for a longer staycation vacay. What's more the rates are very affordable! Cant ask for more. And oh if you need to take the LRT train you dont need to go outside, they have a connecting door direct to LRT station at the mezzanine floor. Never thought there's a fabulous hotel near downtown area. All the facilities are working well, aircon is cold, .tv are wide screen, wifi strong, lots of storage space for luggages bec the cabinets are big and also one is assured of safety. Even the food at the wedding reception are all so good. This is really a place to hold special functions is you're in Manila!

Room Tip: we were at the 6th floor and if you're with family like us 4 adults and 2 children choose 2 rooms connected to each other
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Manila G, Manager at Manila Grand Opera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you, Sir/Madam for giving us a feedback on your stay at the Hotel. It's our honor having served you well. We are glad to know we made you happy. Thank you for expressing your intent to return. Best regards and have a nice day.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

This literally looks like one of those neglected motels in Manila. The room was small with the amenities of a motel, a poor substandard motel. Towels smell like it has been used already, the airconditioning was noisy, the toilet amenities needs some upgrading. The bath mat could have caused injury rather than serving its purpose of providing safety while taking a bath.. as it no longer sticked to the wet floor. The complimentary breakfast was laughable. I literally wanted to help them rearrange their buffet service just to make it look appealing. I am just really curious as to why security deposit needed to be in cash where in fact, I used credit card to settle my charges. Oh, the vicinity did not help either. I really felt so unsafe. By the way, I was there for a meetingnin one of their function rooms. It was really warm inside that it was uncomfortable. The airconditioning was located behind the stage where they placed a tarpaulin which blocked the airflow to the audience.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Manila G, Manager at Manila Grand Opera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Sir/Madam, we are sorry to know of the dissatisfactions you had at the Hotel. Thank you for letting us know and for giving us a chance to look into matters and make room for a lot of improvements. We do hope to make things much better for you and our other guests. Thank you and have a nice day.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

The Manila Grand Opera Hotel is a gorgeous hotel and perfect place to stay if you specifically want to be in the downtown area.

This hotel is across the street from a grocery, a laundromat, a 7-11, and not far from several restaurants.
Just about everyone speaks English so it's quite easy to find food and other items.

The hotel rooms were kept neat and clean.

The pool was perfect for the hot summer weather (a heat wave occured) and gave my girlfriend and I plenty of enjoyment. I even taught her her to swim within 5 hours. Now she can swim solo!

My only disappointments were the lack of some necessary elements in a modern room.

#1 There's no place to hang wet clothing in the bathroom.
#2 There are no drawers next to the bed for small items.
#3 There were only 2 electrical outlets in the room. You absolutely will need an extension cable - or two. You can purchase extension cables nearby from the street vendors for a few dollars.

#4 My room had no windows. Most of the rooms are windoless which is a why AC is absolutely necessary there for each room. It was very difficult to know the difference between day and night in the room. I didn't realize the lack of windows till I got there. The curtains in the photos make you believe there are windows when there aren't.

On a lesser note, the hotel lobby food is expensive by comparison to the neighby restaurants, but I totally understand the markups considering the limited staffing.

The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. I definitely would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018
2  Thank Bigtruckseriesreview

Sir Bigtruckseriesreview, thank you for giving us a feedback on your stay at our Hotel. It us our pleasure having satisfied you despite a few disappointments. Please know that we are already looking into your recommendations. Should you visit us again and for as long as it's available, we'd be glad to give you a room with a window. Thank you and have a nice day.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

People were very accommodating. They have a parking space, And the rooms were very clean. We only paid P2,000.00, that's very cheap for a 3 star hotel in Manila. Would very much come back if given the chance!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jerome M

Thank you, Mr. Jerome M for letting us know you had a pleasant stay at our Hotel. We are glad to know we served you well. Till next time. Best regards.