All reviews manila's chinatown great hotel sta cruz ongpin pros cons lobby
Reviewed 21 November 2018 via mobile

PROs:
1. New Hotel less than 2 yrs old

2. Prime location
- located at the heart of China Town and
the busy streets of old Manila

3. Large Comfy beds with thick duvet covers

4. Fully Carpeted Hallways and rooms

5. Nice wood furnitures and marble comfort room fixtures

CONs:
1. Hotel hard to find
- situated in a street with narrow roads and no distinct lanmarks it will be a little struggle to find although it can be located with navigation apps

2. Small and slow elevators and takes too long to open/close even if you press on the buttons

3. Limited breakfast buffet selection
- no staple bacon, only white bread for pasties and 3 main dish viands at the spread.

4. No indoor pool

PS: always ask before checking in if you prefer a non smoking room as most rooms are smoking rooms, distinct smoke smell are prominent in some hallways and sticks inside the room

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2018 via mobile

I am being really generous giving this place 1-star. The only thing great about this hotel is the look of their lobby. The place looks very luxurious, but it creates a false facade of the bad experience that you'll get.

First of all, I requested a non-smoking room for my visit, but with the amount of smokers that stay in this hotel, you can still smell smoke every where from the elevators, hallway, and even in my room. This hotel is less than 2 years old and everything already smells like smoke.

Hospitality was also quite an issue for me. I was picked up using the airport shuttle and finally got settled into my room at around midnight where I went straight to sleep. Suddenly I get a call saying that I needed to pay for the airport pickup. I asked them if I could just pay for it at the end of my stay, but they were adamant on collecting the money right away.

Room cleanliness was a huge negative. I noticed the dirty carpet, stained sheets, and a moldy bath mat (see the pictures attached). The room doesn't contain a dresser and lacked shelves to put your clothes in. The elevators are also so SMALL and SLOW!!! They placed me on the 8th floor, and during the breakfast rush, by the time the elevators my floor, it was so packed that I just ended up taking the stairs all the way to the ground floor. In addition, be prepared to wait a long time for the elevators to come since they're SO SLOW. I couldnt wait to get out of this hotel and check in to a new one.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

I went hear to eat dinner with my family. The food was nice however, one thing I noticed is that they allow their patrons to park in the sidewalk in front of them for a long time. I recommend them setting up a designated area for drop-off that is not in the sidewalk as they are causing the already narrow road to be more congested resulting in the slow movemement of the cars that are passing through this road.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Right in the middle of Manila's Chinatown, the Blulane is merely more than a year old but is a wonderful feat of design! Considering the limited space, the guest is welcomed by a spacious lobby, well-situated front desk and elevator (very convenient). The seminar halls are huge, beautifully designed and even the chairs are nicely, snugly covered and comfortable. The attendants seem all very tall, personable and very accommodating--great service! Our guests from the province were happy to roam around Chinatown and have such a strategic hotel to go back to. From Sta. Cruz Church, step into the Arch of Goodwill to Chinatown Ongpin St. Turn right at the second corner (Ben's Mart grocery store) to Tomad Mapua St. Blulane is the third bldg. to your left-- the one with the spectacular entrance and matching doormen. Beautiful indeed!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2018

Stayed overnight a few days ago. A pleasant surprise to see this space in the middle of crowded Binondo, adjacent to Ongpin St. It is the hotel's soft opening, so do not expect a swimming pool, nor a fitness gym. But, they do have a spa room if you like a massage. if you are looking for a place to eat Cantonese cuisine, and sleep in a comfortable bed in the middle of crowded Chinatown, The Blulane Hotel is a good choice in the area.

Room tip: Inform the front desk if you want a non-smoking room, lest they might billet you in a smoking room, which happened to us non-smokers.
Date of stay: May 2018