All reviews army navy rizal park internet connection was great adjacent building the deluxe king room birthday weekend modern comforts upon entrance picture taking casino filipino infinity pool elegant lobby soft opening museo pambata breakfast buffet small casino quirino grandstand
Reviewed 10 February 2019 via mobile

It really is not a 4*, it’s a 5*. Clean, great room, good service, everything was perfect. I was really surprised about this as I booked it as a 4* but apparently they will get the 5* star soon after developing the new pool and spa area.

The only think they really need to sort out are the showers that they offer after check out (by the pool area) which only has cold water and the aircon temperature in the room is ridiculously cold. Both my partner and I couldn’t shower with such cold water and got into the sauna for a few mins after getting changed as we were freezing.

Breakfast is ok but would be better if it was hotter - the food is just warm and plates are cold so by the time the food gets on the table it’s already cold.

All in all, really good experience and I would definitely recommend it (just ensure you don’t need a shower after check out!)

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PQuieng, Director of Sales & Marketing at Rizal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Good Day!

Thank you for the nice review! We would like to let you know that the hot water in the pool area will be fixed by this week. Everything would be ok for your next visit.

We hope to see you here again soon!

Reviewed 31 January 2019

We stayed here for 3 days for my cousin's wedding, the hotel has a very nice ambiance, good set of food, and accommodating staff.

But upon check-out I saw this not very old lady maybe in her 50s shouted in one of the hotel staff and many guests also witnessed that. I don't know if there is something wrong happened but for me that was very unrespectful and downgraded for the staff just because she is in higher position there is the proper place and time were she can privately talk to that staff without embarrassing anyone in front of the others especially to hotel's guest. I think she need civility seminar.

Nonetheless, still a very good hotel.

Room tip: with best view of manila bay
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mscathyv
Reviewed 1 January 2019

Stayed here for 4 days 3 nights. Same set of breakfast is served, its like they're just reheating it for 3 consecutive days. Aside from that they ruined my friends wedding because of lack in coordination. Arrogant staff and just after revenue. Better to retrain all associates.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank VctrChvz
PQuieng, Director of Sales & Marketing at Rizal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2019

Dear VctrChvz,

I would like to extend my apologies that you had a bad experience during your stay in the hotel. But I would like to assure you that we are not just after revenue.

This doesn't mean that we are just going to let this pass. We will make sure that those responsible will be held responsible for the bad experience.

Thank you for taking time to write about your experience.

Reviewed 1 January 2019

Front Desk
• Upon check in, we have been assisted by Danilyn as we were expecting like any standard check-in procedure, that all details will be recapped but unfortunately she did not more so incidental deposits was asked when we’re already in the room. Are the front desk associates aware of the “basic” tasks and check-in procedures? Obviously, they do not have the proper training!
• Two breakfast vouchers were given even if we’ll be staying for two nights. Other FO named Charles; keeps on asking Danilyn to “cash out” specifically saying “huling transaction mo yan ha, mag-cash-out ka na!” repeatedly going back to Danilyn while we were still in front of the desk. Another noticeable aspect was Danilyn’s struggle-rattling in checking-in only three rooms. They were a total of front desk personnel and her colleagues or Charles who keeps on coming back to her reminding her to cash-out could have helped her instead of telling her that it will be Danilyn’s last transaction for her shift/day. This is so unprofessional!
• Second day, we had to go down to the front desk just to get the second breakfast vouchers. Front desk did not extend the courtesy of going to the room and giving it directly to us. We asked Cheska, if this was your practice and she said no, let us sign the second day registration paper and said maybe the Front Desk Agent who checked us in forgot about it, never heard an apology. We asked Marlon to validate the parking ticket, not friendly at all. Gave me a smirk, when I had a mistake on my room number, I gave him 128 instead of 218, very unfriendly or should I say “antipatiko”.
• It takes time to give decisions, always seeks approval. When even the simplest solutions can be given instantly.

Commendable: Concierge Sarvin and Concierge Jonathan were prompt and helpful.

Reservations/Sales
• Sales did not provide all information needed to know by the guest which gave us the impression that she do not know how to handle the reservation or not equipped at all.
• Lacks coordination which compromised customer service.
• Do not know how guarantee works. We have settled 50% of the room charges last October to guarantee the rooms and would still want us to settle the remaining balance still prior to check in (December 7), this was 21 days prior to arrival. Cancellation policy is 7 days prior to arrival. You see the sensibleness at this point. Abigail was saying that since we got several rooms, we need to guarantee. But 50% of the charge has been settled, service has not been rendered and yet they’re aiming to settle everything 21 days prior to arrival.
• I can sense desperation in securing revenue. They’re always in a hurry for settlement which is harassing, somehow finds it annoying. SMH, such as disappointment!!!
• To make it more organized and as guidance to you of what I preferred to happen, I provided an Action Memo for them to coordinate with each department for our itinerary or timeline for the day. Our entire room requirement if not almost everything has not been provided and followed.
Good points: Room allocation request have been provided rather than going thru the hassle of transferring rooms.

Housekeeping
• When do you replenish room amenities? Is it only upon hanging the MUR signage? Is it not a daily task to do room check and amenity replenishment. On December 28th, replenishment of toiletries or change towels or linen. This is sooo disappointing considering that I have specifically included this on the Action Memo to clean the room on December 28th, as we will be doing a photo shoot in the room, since it was not done, we decided to shoot at the Ante room instead.
• My sister has to call at night just to get new towels.
• On the Action Memo, trash liners were strongly requested, again not provided and we still need to call Housekeeping on the morning of December 29th to have some.
• Not anticipating guests needs which is a “basic” training aspect especially in hotel/housekeeping operations
• Pillow case has old stains on it. Disgusting!!
Food & Beverage
• We stayed for two consecutive days, the buffet selection were exactly similar. One will be left wondering if the food served on our second day of stay is newly cooked or were just preheated.
• You can’t blame guests if they will be buying from outside as the food selection is very limited.
• Charging corkage to guests for bringing in food, in their own paid room is absurd.

Security
• Again, not well coordinated and unaware of what was happening in the hotel.
• We have settled the corkage fee of Php 1,500 to lessen the hassle of being stopped by the security. Food came in at around 10-11ish and was released by 1PM. You guys delayed everything on our schedule and simply because of poor coordination. If you know that there will be not only one wedding preparation that will be held in the hotel, you should have anticipated that they will be bringing in food and it should have been a fair deal that they too will be harassed with the corkage, OR were the other guests with wedding preparation was not informed of the photo-shoot terms and conditions and it was only us who were given we have booked the Presidential Suite? Talk about inconsistency! Further, the food was hold for more than two hours, which can be a reason of spoilage, if this happens will you be liable for this? Why was it held for that long, when in fact it was your fault that you lack coordination. Have you not check on this??
• They kept on asking the van to validate the parking ticket even if he’s there just picking up and dropping off our guests. You do not seem to care of the convenience to can extend to your guests.
• Customer service is definitely below par.
I understand your hotel has also a set of rules and regulations and abiding by it is not a problem because I am in the same industry. However, this is not just simply another set of rules and regulations, THIS IS MAINLY LACK OF TRAINING, POOR COORDINATION AND NO COMPASSION TOWARDS GUEST CONVENIENCE AND WELFARE! Having said this, I understand the goal of securing the revenue unfortunately the act of voracity compromises QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE as this is UNACCEPTABLE!! Sadly, this is a system very much unexpected to be practiced by hoteliers more so to be tolerated by the management!I am not sure if we were the only ones who experienced such which I think there were others who share the same sentiment!! If these concerns are not addressed immediately, then Rizal Park Hotel has a big problem!

Lastly, the event was supposed to be one of the most memorable, if not the most memorable experience for us. The preparation all went to waste as you have ruined what could have been.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank allysaunit27

Dear Ms. allysaunit27,

I am sincerely thankful for this very detailed review that you wrote. Coming from a fellow hotelier, these points will help us focus on which areas that need to be focused on for improvement.

On behalf of the hotel, Please accept my sincere apology for ruining your wedding.

I do hope that we can still see you here in the hotel in the future. To show the improvements that we made with the overall performance of the hotel.

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience.

Reviewed 15 December 2018 via mobile

For the price this hotel is very nice.
The hotel is very “classical hotel” with crystal chandeliers and shiny floors.

Our room was nice, clean and had a quiet air con.

The breakfast was nice and the staff friendly. The hotel also has a roof bar with a view of the bay.

Would recommend this hotel!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Wanezsa
PQuieng, Director of Sales & Marketing at Rizal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2018

Dear Wanezsa,

Good Day!

Thank you very much for the nice review!

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

Hope to see you again soon!