“No window,no safety”
Review of Eurotel Pedro Gil

Eurotel Pedro Gil
Ranked #74 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 4 February 2012

the traffic situation to come over there is terrible,its a hardship.The beds,those are the most simple without suspension.In case of fire,to leave the hotel,you must press a button.What if its defect?or what wenn the staff runs out first?

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank levin5051
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

There are so many things wrong with this hotel I don't even know where to begin.

Let's start with the amenities. I always checked the sheets in hotels "like this" since they accomodate "short time" guest and I figured the rooms are being used mostly for sex. When I checked the pillow cases it was blood stained like someone lost her virginity on that pillow. When I called the front desk they brought me new pillows and when I showed house keeping the blood on the pillow, he laughed it off.

The bathrooms at my original room stunk (mapanghi) so I asked to be moved. They moved me to a room that didn't have any windows and the bathroom still stunk, it was horrible. There was also construction going on here and you can hear them working with their hammer, very loud construction noice. I asked to be moved once again and they did move me but to a much dirtier looking room. All euro suites was taken when I was there so I had to bear with their disgusting Standard Rooms.

I stayed here for 2 weeks since it was cheap and had free internet, it wasn't worth it. The front desk was very rude. There was a front desk clerk named "Mary" and he harrased us whenever we left the hotel. They will stop you on your way out to ask for the room key, for some reason they prefer that their guest leave it with them. The problem is that it's such a hastle leaving it with them since you have to fall in line to pick it up. I usually ignore them and keep walking and they chase after me to no avail. I stand my own and keep my room key.

They will nickle and dime you here, 10 pesos for utensils, 10 pesos for ice, 10 pesos for plates. It's funny. You have to watch out for the graveyard front desk girl here as she is very rude and will harrass you on your way out of the hotel. I say avoid this one like a plague. It's just not worth it.

Room Tip: If you can't get a Euro suite 1 or 2, go somewhere else. They have a lot of foot traffic here f...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Rob C
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Based on my past experience staying at Eurotel (EDSA), I decided to try the one at Pedro Gil during my recent 3 night stay in Manila.

First things first, I was told upon check-in that my reservation was not recorded in the system - I was therefore asked if I could accept a lower graded room in exchange for a credit on any room service charges. I had no qualms with doing so, as my main concern was getting a place to stay after my flight and taxi ride.

The standard room I was given was small and had a noticeable odor. Despite this, the room was clean and offered a good night's sleep.

The very next day, I was upgraded to my original room of choice - Euro Suite 1. The latter was slightly bigger, but offered no main advantages to the Standard room with the exception of an included bathtub. The room was still clean, however, and room service was promptly attended to.

Moreover, the hotel is located right opposite Robinsons Place, Manila. Being so near a major shopping mall is a great advantage as it offers you a range of options for dining, shopping and travel.

Based on my experiences staying at Eurotel, I would recommend a stay here if you're not a fussy person. Don't expect first class accommodation - however, if you're in Manila looking for a decent hotel room that isn't expensive with satisfactory service levels, Eurotel is certainly right up your alley.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Timothy J
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Its jus location here, (stayed there 1st September 2011), but they did not give me my wakeup call which nearly made me my flight if it wasn’t for helpful security at the airport. It’s just inexcusable when you consider that the flight was to the value of €700!

The room is tiny with no windows, the internet is good, but they have a god-dam nanny protector on it. I arrived early and paid for early check in. I then asked to join breakfast and was they denied even after telling them i would miss breakfast tomorrow due to early flights. They did offer me a sandwich which i got, but it was so rotten i wouldn't give it to a dog.

Room Tip: look elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank ferol661944
Reviewed 18 October 2011

This hotel is very conveniently located. The staff are friendly and efficient. Parking is secure.
The rooms are average (Rm 303), air con unit is noisy, pillows are lousy thin. Our unused towels have hair strands, sinks are rusty. Buffet breakfast is very average, very few choices. Well I guess thats what you get with this rates. Best Western Hotel La Corona is the best choice in this area..

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business