“Pricey, good select food, good ambience.”

L'Opera Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #70 of 1,074 Restaurants in Manila
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 February 2018

I had the chance to dine at L’Opera for business. I ordered their 4-course set meal which comprised of Assorted Italian Cold Cuts with Pizza Puffs and Gorgonzola and Mascarpone Cheese Sauce for Appertizer, Mushroom Raviolo in Porcini Mushroom Cream Sauce for Pasta, Fresh Norwegian Salmon Steak Sauteed in Sparkling Wine for Secondi, and their Panna Cotta with Walnuts and Honey for Dessert.

Each dish served was great. For the appetizer, there was around 4 different cold cuts served, and each was an experience of its own. From something spicy, to something tangy, to something smoky, each bite was great! Oh, and the cheese sauce! Ugh! I wish they gave more because it was that good. Now comes the pasta. I LOVE THEIR MUSHROOM RAVIOLI! I hate that they only gave me 4 pcs of ravioli because it was absolutely great! I even used the bread they served to wipe my plate clean because the sauce was something else. I swear, order this! Then the salmon steak. I love Salmon, but I honestly liked their salmon in sparkling wine sauce because it’s light enough to be eaten right after a creamy ravioli dish. Their Panna Cotta however, although good, was a bit too thick for my liking. I prefer mine cooked with a tiny bit of gelatin just so that it’ll melt in the mouth. Nevertheless, I love how they added walnuts to add more texture to the dish.

Overall, it was a great experience. I liked how I was able to park right in front of their restaurant. I will definitely go back and eat! I don’t mind paying Php2k for the same set meal because I seriously enjoyed every dish.

NOTE: Because it was a business dinner, I didn't take out my phone to take photos. Maybe this warrants another visit?

Reviewed 23 October 2017

The food here is nice and the selection from the menu is quite extensive. The prices here are quite steep and you better make sure you have sufficient budget to spend here. The decor is beautiful and the live music is pretty good too. It is definitely an old fashioned Italian Restaurant but one definitely worth trying.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

This is an old restaurant , expensive , nice place to bring a date! Surprisingly, there were fairly a good number of people dining there on a weekday . The food is still good. My friends ordered lamb chops which was perfectly cooked . I had seabass which was cooked differently from what I usually have but still good.
My only complaint is that their airconditioning needs upgrading or add another one. We were feeling hot! For a fine dining restaurant, having a lousy airconditioning system ruins the whole mood . We pay so much for a good meal so we expect to be comfortable not feeling uncomfortable! Otherwise, this place is worth trying!

2  Thank ManilaMango
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Went for business, love Italian food, and it was very good food and the live music was excellent.

I will be back here for sure, excellent wine selection, but again the food was top.

Pasta and wine and good music, what else you need to enjoy a night

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Old fashioned italian restaurant. Food is good but a little bit too fat. Staff is not very attentive