See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I really don't think there is something I didn't like about this amazing resort. My husband and myself spent the honeymoon of our dreams on the island. The staff was absolutely amazing , starting from guest relations Andu to Mohammed , we DEFINATELY got the VIP treatment. We were surprised nearly everyday with something in our water villa, like champhane , cake , fruits , flowers etc. the food on the resort was delicious , a very big choice every day. We enjoyed the islands attractions ... Sunset fishing is a must!!! ( Adam is your man), jet ski , dolphins watching , snorkeling , just fun fun fun!!!
The wether was not bad considering June is not the season , we had very sunny days , sometimes it rained for an hour or two and the sun was out again.
We also had the private dinner on our last night which just took our honeymoon to another level ( the lobster wa to die for) the evening entertainment was also quite good considering you are on an island in the middle of nowhere. We DEFINATELY made some new friendships on this trip and will cherish the week we spent in Medhufushi forever. Hope to go back soon . Keep up the great work guys !!!!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Natasha1286
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Service, food quality exceptional. Rooms (garden villa suite) ok but pillows uncomfortable, and although room very clean, a terrible smell from drains / toilets for the duration of our 5 days stay.

Games facilities very poor. Pool table in very bad condition with balls, cues missing. Darts missing (2 left out of 6)...especially bad when travelling with teenage children who would have enjoyed the facilities given the weather. This problem was made much worse by staff/manager allowing toddlers to sit on pool table and throw balls & cues around.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with OIT Hotels
3  Thank davidstanier
Reviewed 3 November 2011

1st time in the Maldives; 2nd time in the Indian Ocean.
A little hiccup on the way when we just missed a seaplane slot and had to wait two and a half hours for the next plane.A bit frustrating at the end of a long trip but we soon got over it.
The beach villa was lovely if not exactly on the beach;we soon found out why. It would have been far too hot. The bed was probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in on Holiday My partner loved the outdoor bathroom and shower; no, I am not posting the pictures.
Bar service was excellent. We were all inclusive so I have no idea what the prices for individual drinks are.
Restaurant food was excellent especially if, like us, you love curries and spicy food. There was however a good selection of non-spicy food and the soup every day was absolutely delicious.
I decidedto tip the main men(waiter, Bar waiter and pool boy) part way through the week and it was a very good move.Topped it up at the end of our stay.They were worth it.
I very rarely return to the same place twice, but this resort would certainly tempt me to.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank pharmajohn
Reviewed 7 October 2011

All it was excellent!!! the acoomodation, the food, the island... I was in my honeymoon there and they surprised us with champagne and aniversary cake!
Excelent resort!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the sun rise island side are better. More quiet and privancy.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnaVaju96
Reviewed 2 October 2011

One of the good island resorts I have been to.. The buffet spread was very lavish and opulent. The sports activities offered are very good and interesting. The only down side is the Staff is not at all cooperative and lies for everything asked for. Staff is reluctant are demands tip. The Spa is also good but very expensive and not worth the price. Most of the sporting ventures available are sourced out and are not very expensive and are good. but if it has been organized by the hotel, they have a very large cut. I recon you should contact them on your own and not through the hotel. Also no request of your will be honored by the hotel manager.

Room Tip: Book all water activities on your own not through the hotel. They have a big cut in it.
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family