See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I really enjoyed my time at the Red Palm- so much so that I stayed there when I came back through KL. The place is pretty standard as far as guest houses go- communal area downstairs and rooms (dorms and privates) upstairs with a small breakfast of cereal, toast and bananas being served every morning. What really set this place apart is how awesome the staff was. They really went out of their way to help you with your trip. I had help finding my way around and booking trips and even to see some movies and get to the airport while I was there. I would definitely stay at the Red Palm if I were coming back through KL.

Room Tip: There's a really excellent Indian restaurant right next door that shouldn't be missed if you're staying at the Red Palm.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Very clean hostel, has a nice chill area down stairs and dorm rooms are air conditioned. The staff are so welcoming and helpful! Especially Sophie!! Would recomend as it's close to the main bar strip as well as being nice and quiet if you want to chill out!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed at the Red Palm in June of 2014 for two nights. I opted for the private room as opposed to the dorm. I was expecting a simple, clean room and a shared bathroom. I got exactly what I expected. The bathroom was cleaned multiple times a day. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. And the two kitties roaming the guesthouse were a nice touch. I would recommend this to no frills budget travellers!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The first floor living room is very inviting, with books, sofas and pillows. But the rooms on the second flood, there's no proper ceiling. Yards of cloth make up for the ceiling of 3 adjacent rooms. Artsy, yes, but useless for keeping out the sound from the other occupants.The wooden floor is another thing too. You can feel footsteps of people walking around. The 2nd floor bathroom, there's a urinal that needs to be removed as it's not working anymore and has collected grime (think Trainspotting and the cubicle with Ewan McGregor). The staff were helpful and friendly. Nice location, lots of restos nearby. Good if you're not picky with cleanliness and noise level.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 March 2014

It's at a perfect location which near the main attractions in KL.
Just like all reviews it's really a home feeling hostel.
The guy at front desk had well explained to me all the facilities in the hostel.

However,

the guy and maid wasn't that friendly, there's isn't a trace of smile on their face and made me feel like want to move out instead.
Plus the baking hot room only equip one stand fan in SIX BEDS DORM, there's air-condition but only outside the room which is shared within 3 rooms upstairs, so if close the door before sleep will definitely feel hot during mid of night.
Fortunately I only stay for 2 nights and the bad feeling over here makes me want to leave KL centre asap.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo