“Duta Vista Executive?”

Ranked #297 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Duta Vista Executive?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

The place was a bit of a let down. Very worn out, tired and shabby. The sofa was broken. The kitchen didn't look like it was kept clean at all. The housekeeping staff who cleaned up the apartment before I checked in stubbed his/her cigarette out in the bin, so the air was fresh with cigarette smoke. I asked for six extra pillows from reception, settled for an even four, but only received 2 in the end.

I think I was lucky that my out-of-town guests were my closest cousins, and they never complained at all, but I wouldn't want to subject them to another stay here again. The place is past its prime, this is clearly reflected in the tired, uncaring eyes of the reception staff too. (I was also asked for a deposit when it was clearly stated in my booking T&C that I didn't have to pay anything else at check in). I will keep on driving down the main road in the future.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank TravellingFish_87
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Perth, Western Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

This place needs refurbishing very badly! Toilets have brown stains everywhere. Master room air cond leaking and not cold. Sofa bed broken. Light bulbs fused. Housekeeping don't do a good job. However, this place has an ok pool and live penguins near the pool. Ok place for family and children. Good location but needs refurbishing and maintaining badly!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank ParadiseSeeker_21
kuala lumpur
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights and regretted it. Do not belive the internet photos, they must be 5 or 6 years old. They sucked me in believing I would be staying somewhere comfortable and elegant and near my new office so I planned to stay 3 - 4 weeks.

It turned out this place is very worn and the term "elegant" is not one that arose to mind.

Good Points
Location is convenient if you have a car. There is very little in this location apart from this place, however there is plenty of car parking.

It is discreet, you are unlikely to meet anyone you know and access is straight from the car park. If you have a liasion you want to keep under wraps it is fine but your friend may not be too impressed when they see inside.

The "suites" are quite large and you can cram a lot of people in there.

Bad Points

Where do you start? It smells of damp, everything is very worn, there is no service, it is not clean etc. Specific points include:

Dead cockroach on bedroom floor. Cleaned 3 times but roach remained> At least they kill them and it was the only roach I saw.

Toilet leaked at back - brown stain.

The place was DAMP. I aired it every evening for 2 -3 hours but the damp smell just returned. I suspect the fabric of the place is just poorly designed.

No cooking facilities. Advertised as such but looked like they had removed it from the "kitchenette". The fridge was rusty but at least worked, very little else did. It meant cold sandwiches every evening.

Someone had stolen the batteries from the TV remote, must have been seen as my problem as they were not fixed.

The pool looked OK but I was unwilling to risk a microbial infection. There was no sign of any care being taken so who knew what was in the pool.

teh sheets were dirty and did not quite cover the mattress. I did not want to see what was under the sheet.

I complained about several things but nothing happened so I left after a few days. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

I had a call a few days later from this place trying to entice me back. I was polite but they had to be desperate.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Mumbai
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

I would rate this hotel 0 out of ten for various reasons. Day in day out they were happy giving us surprises. First the staff is very very non receptive; I stayed for 5 days in the hotel and for three days I have to take shower in cold water because hot water was not available. We checked in in the night ; I asked for the water they simply said there was no water as house keeping was closed for the day. Wifi never working! Rooms are stinky. Basically you have to fight for a comfortable living there. The people at the reception fired me back when I tried to give them the verbal feedback. Forget about the feedback card! Locationwise also its far away from the city and many taxi driver asks for more money to drop you. Food I will not comment because I am pure vegetarian and there were no options for me. I would suggest for future travellers to avoid this hotel .At this rate there are many other better options available.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ankur007
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

We booked a 2 room aparment to celebrate farewell for 1 of our friend. The place was quite old, dim and have a old-house ambiance. Furniture worn out, bed is hard, overall gave a below average feel. We only spent little time in the place and proceed to go out as there nothing much to do. Place is located in a secluded corner, but very near to city centre (15 minutes by car). If the owners spend money to upgrade than the place maybe desirable.

Room Tip: keep it as last choice
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends